Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who, exactly is Gloria Grace?

Rick Allen

Argentum Aevum

practicing Pastafarian

Wingnut/GearJammer/IBEWRetired Racer X 69's Avatar

Re: Who, exactly is Gloria Grace?

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    She keeps popping up telling me she is with the Large Format Photography Forum Marketing Dept. and wants me to take a survey?
    You guys got a marketing dept?
    Wait a minute.

The Large Format Photography Forum, which is (so very generously) supported completely by Mr. QT Luong, and has no annoying advertisements cluttering up the forum, has a "Marketing Department"?

I'm also confused.

Can the moderation staff edit this Gloria Grace into the Banned User Department?
    Whiskey Is Sunlight Held Together By Water

Racer... it's not a LFPF issue. The OP has malware on his computer. It has absolutely nothing to do with LFPF.

Wingnut/GearJammer/IBEWRetired Racer X 69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    Racer... it's not a LFPF issue. The OP has malware on his computer. It has absolutely nothing to do with LFPF.
    Yes, I see that. But this Gloria person is passing herself off as being associated with the LFPF.
    Whiskey Is Sunlight Held Together By Water

Not sure how we can stop that. It's more important than ever that folks exercise discernment. The LFPF will never solicit anything by email, so we should all delete such without opening any attachments.

Rick "no phishing allowed" Denney

I also had an experience today that may relate to this forum and thread. I received what appeared to be the Large Format forum's standard message saying I had a new private message from NAZRAT. It provided a link I could click on to get to the forum. Instead, I chose to log on via the Internet. My forum in-box had no new message. So i don't know if the message from the forum was legitimate or not. It's quite possible, then, that I would have regretted it if I had clicked on the long-in link in that message.

I thought I had responded with this info earlier. Perhaps I hit the wrong button when I was ready to send the above info. At any rate, I did change my password this morning as per rdenney's advice.

Keith

The last time, many years ago I used somebodies suggested malware fix, it was also malware.

Then somebody here suggested something to cleanup bloat ware on my new computer. It was also malware.

I simple delete and strange email without even opening it.

Works best for me.

I also almost never answer the phone and have not had a doorbell for 30 years.

Nobody can ever tell if I am home or not.

I like it that way. Real friends have keys.

Strangers make appointments.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Fleming View Post
    I also had an experience today that may relate to this forum and thread. I received what appeared to be the Large Format forum's standard message saying I had a new private message from NAZRAT. It provided a link I could click on to get to the forum. Instead, I chose to log on via the Internet. My forum in-box had no new message. So i don't know if the message from the forum was legitimate or not. It's quite possible, then, that I would have regretted it if I had clicked on the long-in link in that message.

I thought I had responded with this info earlier. Perhaps I hit the wrong button when I was ready to send the above info. At any rate, I did change my password this morning as per rdenney's advice.

Keith
    After the forum sent you the notification message that you had a PM from "Nazrat", I deleted all the PM sent by "Nazrat". Then, you followed the link and there was no message there. There's no problem there.

Rick "the message was legitimate, but superseded by events" Denney

rdenney,

You're correct in that my message was overtaken by events. I must say you handled the situation in an outstanding manner, and I especially respect the considerate way you explained the resolution of the situation. You made clear the problem was not caused by Nazrat, and you wisely recommended we all update our passwords. Thank you!

Keith