Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mods, please reconsider asking for general locations for the profile record

Re: Mods, please reconsider asking for general locations for the profile record

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Barker View Post
    Location remains a part of the registration form, as it has always been. It is up to each individual to decide whether they wish to be that courteous to other members, however.
    Fine with me.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Barker View Post
    Location remains a part of the registration form, as it has always been. It is up to each individual to decide whether they wish to be that courteous to other members, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Fine with me.
    Better for an individual to have a choice.
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

So how about we just suggest that folks selling stuff give some indication about where it would be shipped from?

Old and Feeble,

I'm about four miles south of Springfield. Barely enough time to finish a hamburger between the city limits signs.

Tim
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg

Quote Originally Posted by djdister View Post
    So how about we just suggest that folks selling stuff give some indication about where it would be shipped from?
    Indeed. Nothing in the present forum prevents the OP's intended goals.
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

Quote Originally Posted by lenser View Post
    Old and Feeble,

I'm about four miles south of Springfield. Barely enough time to finish a hamburger between the city limits signs.

Tim
    You can eat a hamburger, while driving on the highway, in less than four minutes? You're more talented than I, sir.

I'm about thirty miles SE of San Antonio.

Ghostcount,

I am not suggesting that this should be mandatory in any way, just that as a service and courtesy to the community at large, it would be helpful if it were more strongly encouraged. Anyone who totally wishes to remain private would obviously be welcome to do so.

Tim
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg

Totally agreed~
    Sometimes love just ain't enough.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pierre506/sets/

Old and Feeble

Nah, the traffic usually keeps the speed down to about 45 MPH so it's more like eight minutes. I wouldn't want to eat a good burger that fast anyway. You gotta enjoy it slowly to savor the flavor.

djdister,

Again the sales is only a portion of the reason. The opportunity for regional professional and social contact is even more valuable.