Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blzzard in NYC

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Re: Blzzard in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Mounier View Post
    Meanwhile, out here in California, it's a balmy 80 degrees. I think I'll put on my shorts and take off my shoes, and go walk on the beach.

Down here there is a 20 - 30% chance of showers. We are freaking out!

We could sure use that East Coast snow in the Sierra!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

The Pineapple Express came to Vancouver and dumped about 70mm of rain on us last week. Being from Saskatchewan, give me snow any day.

As my grandfather in Quebec would say, "Prepare! Bring a bundle of wood inside, gather candles, canned food, good cigars, brandy and snowshoes by the door should we run out of brandy!"

Seriously, the coastal flooding concerns me greatly. I lived there for a long time. It seems (don't have stats) that it becomes worse as time passes.

Best to all there.
    --
    J - in the tropics of Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    Someone loves the snow.

Attachment 128501
    Someone loves the sand.

"Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    As my grandfather in Quebec would say, "Prepare! Bring a bundle of wood inside, gather candles, canned food, good cigars, brandy and snowshoes by the door should we run out of brandy!"

Seriously, the coastal flooding concerns me greatly. I lived there for a long time. It seems (don't have stats) that it becomes worse as time passes.

Best to all there.
    --
    J - in the tropics of Minnesota
    Your Grandmother in Quebec would probably say "Pshaw, 30" of snow is just a dusting. Get back to work!".

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Right now it's just sharp little flakes blowing around. Should start dumping tonight. I'm hoping everything shuts down tomorrow so I can have some fun in Prospect Park.

The saddest thing here is that our best hills are bumps that wouldn't even get noticed in some parts of the country, but you see kids with sleds lined up for a hundred feet, waiting for their few seconds of freedom.

Flooding in my area is caused by a combination of tide and winds. Tide cycle is low right now, so flooding is not expected.

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    Flooding in my area is caused by a combination of tide and winds. Tide cycle is low right now, so flooding is not expected.
    I hope you are right. There are going to be terrific winds coming onshore from the East, with the worst beginning tomorrow. I hope the weather predictors are wrong.

The best time of the year for me is when the city shuts down from a heavy snowfall, somehow my wife gets me through the roads, she is a trooper and I spend some of my best printing
    days when everyone is freaking out.

Quote Originally Posted by paulr View Post
    Right now it's just sharp little flakes blowing around. Should start dumping tonight. I'm hoping everything shuts down tomorrow so I can have some fun in Prospect Park.

The saddest thing here is that our best hills are bumps that wouldn't even get noticed in some parts of the country, but you see kids with sleds lined up for a hundred feet, waiting for their few seconds of freedom.