Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Large Format Photography workshops in the castles of Spain

Large Format Photography workshops in the castles of Spain

March and april are great for landscape photography for the special quality of light.

The great photographer Reinhart Wolf (Germany 1930-1988) took the photographs of his masterwork book "Castles in Spain" in march 1981 and march 1982. Reinhart Wolf chose march for the dramatic light that can be found in Spain in that month.

Would you like a Large Format workshop following Reinhart Wolf´s path in Spanish castles?. Spanish photographer and member of this forum, Juan José Pascual will run several Large Format Photography workshops in most of the spanish castles Reinhart Wolf portrayed during march and april. If interested, please contact for further information. It will be a truly exciting and rewarding experience.

http://jjpascuallargeformatphoto.com/#/workshops
    Last edited by hiend61; 22-Jan-2015 at 11:25. Reason: ortography

Re: Large Format Photography workshops in the castles of Spain

Sounds great! Will it be in English or Spanish?

Are you Juan?

Scott Davis

And price for these workshops?

Quote Originally Posted by BStranger View Post
    Sounds great! Will it be in English or Spanish?
    Excuse me for the delay in answering. Recently my father in law passed away and I have been busy with a lot of issues.

Workshops will be lead in English or Spanish, all depends on the preferences of the attendants.

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    Are you Juan?
    Yes, I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Davis View Post
    And price for these workshops?
    Thanks for your interest. This kind of info is only given individually after I know how many attendants will come to the workshops, How many days will the workshop last, and some minor details. If interested, I´ll be happy to inform anybody. just contact me at:

Scott Davis

Quote Originally Posted by hiend61 View Post
    Thanks for your interest. This kind of info is only given individually after I know how many attendants will come to the workshops, How many days will the workshop last, and some minor details. If interested, I´ll be happy to inform anybody. just contact me at:

Can you at least quote a range, and list a suggested itinerary? I won't speak for others, but while I would be very interested in shooting the castles of Spain, it would be a huge help in deciding if I had an itinerary and a price tag. "I'll give you a quote" is not confidence inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Davis View Post
    Can you at least quote a range, and list a suggested itinerary? I won't speak for others, but while I would be very interested in shooting the castles of Spain, it would be a huge help in deciding if I had an itinerary and a price tag. "I'll give you a quote" is not confidence inspiring.
    The standard workshop is a 3 full day tour visiting 5 castles. The workshop includes transport from beginning to the end, three nights hotel, all meals, tuition with 4x5 camera, lenses, film+processing included. Of course, there is the possibility of adding more days.
    My standard itinerary is: 1st day, Segovia (breakfast, briefing and first class) and Coca. 2nd day, Iscar and Montealegre. 3rd day, Peñafiel and Berlanga de Duero. the 4rd day morning will be used to return to Segovia. These castles are in a relative close area, and will be seen in this same order to optimize the best light conditions for each castle.
    Prices range from 1650EUR/person in a 3 people group workshop to 2950EUR to a one to one workshop. From march 27 to april 6 prices range from 2150EUR/person in a 3 people group to 3550EUR for a one to one workshop. Airport pick up can be arranged.

My workshops have a high degree of personalization. Most are one to one or for groups of friends, (3 as much if don´t have their own gear), and depending on the level, needs, desires and preferences of the attendants, prices may vary substantially. For example, two years ago, I had a workshop for a group of four students that wanted to use their own cars, their own gear and film and wanted to use budget hotels and restaurants, that they had reserved in advance, but wanted a whole week workshop. The price they paid was just my tuition fee. In the other hand I had a one to one workshop with a student that required to make the workshop with the finest accommodation available and take the classes only after lunch, because wanted to spend the morning in the hotel spa. So I use to listen my potential students needs before quoting a price.

Scott Davis

Thank you. That was very informative. I think that gives not only me but others who are interested in your program a better idea of what they're getting from your package.