Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Lowepro backpack for my 4x5?

What Lowepro backpack for my 4x5?

The Pro Trekker will serve you well - and what's more will make carrying your gear fairly comfortable too! I use both the Pro and the Super Trekker and they both share the same harness system so the only difference I can notice is that the Super Trekker holds more gear! I know many use regular backpacks and convert them for photo use, but I have found that if you get a photo pack with a good harness then that's half the battle. Regular backpacks come in to their own when you are carrying both photo and camping gear over long distances - a day trip is no problem for a photo pack!

Always the contrarian, I use a soft (no frame) North Face pack. I only use it as a day pack at the most, more generally as what I would use a camera case for. If i was actually hiking, I'd have to get an actual framed pack (food is a good thing). This shouldn't be construed as an endorsement of North Face, as I don't really care for them that much as a company.

May I just say that LowePro is indeed great (I have two backpacks including the Pro AWII) yet, as suggested above, it is a personal choice, so you should probably visit a store to make it fit.

However, once you decide which one, don't forget about eBay and a company out of Canada that sells LowePro at substantially lower prices than ANYbody in the US (at least used to). I got mine this way over a year ago and still am puzzled by the price differential.
    Witold
    simplest solutions are usually the most difficult ...