Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF I was just asking for help

WTF I was just asking for help

I am sorry, asking what something is worth is not the same as posting it for sale!!!!! Just because other people turned it in to a D!ck swinging contest is not my fault!
    and saying "asking about value is chumming for sharks" is like saying a hot girl that goes to a bar all dressed up is asking to get raped! Keep it in your pants people! I was trying to find out info on my lenses I have had them for a long time and have had a very hard time getting info on them and thought this would be good place to get info. At this point I should just smash them with a sledge and be done with it. I have lots of question. You all tell me to get them professionally cleaned and professionally appraised but no one tells me who does that! I have gone to antique camera shops and they don't want to touch them. I have gone to big antique shows to have them appraised and they think they are the coolest thing ever seen but cant tell me anything about them and they told me to look here. I already said if and when I go to sell them I will follow the rules. I am not at that point yet, I am still trying to get info on them. I may keep them and try my hand at large format (did I mention I am a professional photographer/videographer) but if this is the large format crowd then no thank you! I will add, that a small group of people have PM me and have given me some great info and I thank you for that (you know who you are). But being blamed by the Moderator for other people freaking out is bull!!!! Maybe the moderator needs to go after the people trying to buy them and not the guy looking for info

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Re: WTF I was just asking for help

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately most "what is the value" questions tend to go to the left - on every forum I've ever been a part of.

With respect, I agree with thejester. I suspect that some good old-timers with some justified skepticism from experience jumped on a new poster. Can we start over?

Welcome to the LFPF! Don't be discouraged - try try again, and i am sure you will get the answers you are looking for this time around. Don't worry about the jokers who take themselves too seriously. Everyone had a chance to take a deep breath so your next try should be more useful

Good luck!

I remember the first time posting to a forum and writing ASA, instead of ISO. Boy did some people get all upset over that.
    Cheers Shane

Watch out for the old and feeble guys. They're cranky at times.

Welcome! And leave your thin skin at the door.

Whether it is you or the sharks leading the thread astray it needed to go away as it was violating the rules. As a former moderator I can say that more times than not a newby starting a thread like that appeared to be (less than subtly) trying to sidestep the 30 day rule. So yes moderators do get suspicious because it is a pretty common problem.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    I remember the first time posting to a forum and writing ASA, instead of ISO. Boy did some people get all upset over that.
    I still do that

The opposite can happen. Folks can try to take advantage of a newbie, and offer less than affair price.

We need to be candid on what a sample is worth. At least a low to high value.