Thread: B&H improves its shipping to Canada

B&H improves its shipping to Canada

B&H now offers free shipping to Canada for any order over $99.00
    They are now guaranteed all my US business, except if they don't carry some particular item, such as wet plate gear or something.
    A great store just got better for us here in the Great White North.

I only wish other retailers would get with the program as well, there are so many reasons to cater better to Canadian customers, just as there are good reasons we take our shopping dollars south.

(Shrek)

Re: B&H Gets It

Ooooooh! Please let us know how the shipping goes re. customs fees & tax, or UPS/Fedex COD charges. Do they say how they ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Jody_S View Post
    ... Please let us know how the shipping goes re. customs fees & tax, or UPS/Fedex COD charges. Do they say how they ship?
    ___

Hi Jody,

You must use "B&H Customs Clearance" (The customs clearance option is a speedier method *shipped via Purolator and includes all customs fees with no additional charges upon delivery)... In order to receive the Free Shipping to Canada on Orders over $99 .

*Shipping is by Purolator 'Standard' (Up to 8 Business Days).
    --
    Best regards,

-Tim.

_________

In the past I always opted for B&H Customs Clearance, and they shipped via Purolator, as Tim notes; now it's the same, but with free shipping.

In they past they've shipped so cheaply to me it might as well be free, not to mention incredibly fast and with customs clearance included. Especially coming from the Yukon where it's not unusual to have shipping charges that exceed the cost of the merchandise. I've paid $15 shipping and had items here in less than a week from New York. Free shipping is just icing on the cake.

I'll still order many of my film and darkroom supplies from this side of the border though. Between Beau Photo and B&H I almost never buy anywhere else.

Hmm, seems to be a bug in their system, as I can't choose B&H Customs clearance, and free shipping option disappeared.
    I'll call them in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    Hmm, seems to be a bug in their system, as I can't choose B&H Customs clearance, and free shipping option disappeared.
    I'll call them in the morning.
    Unfortunately if you have items not in stock, it didn't work.
    My Lumen project http://ginetteclement.com

I support the best camera store I know of (The Camerastore in Calgary, Alberta) whenever I can, but everything else comes from B&H. I was concerned about the slowness of their free shipping, but both times I have used it the items arrived in 72 hours. Just superb service. Those people should be given the government to run :-)

-N.