Thread: Zone VI 8X10 Lens Boards (Cheap?)

Zone VI 8X10 Lens Boards (Cheap?)

Anyone know where to get Lens Boards for a Zone VI 8x10 (5 1/2 x 5 1/2) cheaply? Doesn't have to be Calumet pretty and no I do not want to make my own...

Thanks, David Kashuba.

Octogenarian

Is this a thinly disguised WTB ad? If not, call and ask if Midwest Photo Exchange (www.mpex.com) has any previously owned Zone VI 8x10 lensboards in stock. Or, E-mail Jim (jim@mpex.com). They don't always list those types of items on their website. Jim will be in the store tomorrow, then gone for the Christmas holiday until next Monday.

Eugene-

What is WTB? Jim Galvin used to make me extra boards but he can't anymore. I just do not want to spend 68.00 for a lens board.

-David Kashuba.

Octogenarian

David,

"WANT TO BUY" ads are a type of classified ad. Classified ads are prohibited on this forum. There is a classified ad section on the www.photo.net website. I just ordered a new cherry wood lensboard for my 8x10 Tachi from Midwest. Jim, is having it milled for a Copal 3 shutter. The price is under $50. If you don't want to spend that much, you will need to make your own, or find someone who is willing to sell you a used one. Since you say you don't want to make your own, you need to advertise for a used one (which is what you are doing), or look for one on E-Bay.

You might want to consider having someone (John Ritter?) make a 8X10 adapter board that accepts 4x5 boards. Thats what I did. Its alot easier carrying lens mounted on the 4x5 boards.

Try Richard Ritter www.lg4mat.net.

I'm not positive, but I think Wisner 8x10 boards may fit the Zone VI 8x10. you might try calling Wisner to see if they know for sure.

Octogenarian

David,

The 8x10 Wisner lensboards are made of mahogany. They are 5 1/4 by 5 1/4 inches square and nicely finished. They sell for $39.50. You can call Wisner (www.wisner.com), and ask if they will also fit your 8x10 Zone VI camera. I believe they will. You may have to wait a while for delivery, however.