Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Movin on up

Movin on up

I'm currently using Photo shop Version3 and want to move up to a higher version but I'm not sure what version to get.I was looking at CS5.Also is there a difference between Photo shop "lightroom" and CS5? How far up should I go???

Re: Movin on up

Try OmegaD2
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

I think the only step up from that currently offered would be the CC/CS6 versions for $10/mo. Lightroom is included in that. LR is for image management and quick/mass edits. Photoshop for the more complicated things.

You can still buy CS6 although Adobe does not make it easy. You have to do it over the phone. I am not a fan of light Room. What are you trying to do. Scan film / Raw capture ?

Preston Birdwell

If the OP's version of Photo Shop is that old, he won't be able to get the upgrade price for CS6--He'd have to pay full price of $699. He'd be better off going with PS-CC and LR for $9.99/month.

Aside from getting bug fixes and updates to ACR, the subscription also comes with 'feature' updates and additional new features. With CS6, all he would get is bug fixes and updates to ACR.

At least to me, going with the subscription is a no-brainer in this case.

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

Why can't I buy CS 5 or 6 on Ebay or something like that.I've look at Amazon and they want $1200.00.

Preston Birdwell

Why can't I buy CS 5 or 6 on Ebay or something like that....
    You probably could, but there is the possibility you would purchase a pirated copy, or a copy with malware.

Honestly, I think your best bet is to go with the Adobe PS-CC subscription. The price is pretty good, and you'd be assured of having legal and safe software.

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    You probably could, but there is the possibility you would purchase a pirated copy, or a copy with malware.

--P
    This is a very real possibility with ebay or craigslist purchased Photoshop. Or even if not a "pirated" copy, the newer versions (CS 5 or 6) have to register with the Adobe mothership to even function, and then you find out that that software serial number has already been registered by someone else and not usable for you.

OK How do I get the Adobe PS-cc subscription?

https://creative.adobe.com/plans?single_app=photoshop make sure you check off your countries currency at the bottom.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"