Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: unable to post photos ?

Re: unable to post photos ?

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Had the same problem, I use the tapatalk app from my phone for almost everything, I don't have the option of adjusting file size from my phone,
    I don't know what phone you have, but resizing apps are so simple to write that I'd be surprised if there are none for your phone. The iPhone has them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    I don't know what phone you have, but resizing apps are so simple to write that I'd be surprised if there are none for your phone. The iPhone has them.
    Yes I have an iPhone, the problem is that I don't like the way that the file is exported often times with those apps there is a shift in the color information for in the exposure information to the degradation of the image. I can't explain it as a not a techie guy, but I have set up my image export options to work with all systems up until this point, so I'm not going to go back and re-export every single image I have just to be able to upload it here, I specifically looked at all of the site that I use previous to this new change, and had set them up about two years ago. The fact that the file sizes have changed for the website doesn't change the fact that I've already had everything set up and in a storage system, so when I share, I share from that system. I'm sorry that the website is having problems with DOS attacks, as I don't see why anyone would want to do that to this website, but it is a little unfair to suddenly change everything up on us and if my images wont upload, I just won't share them. I'm not mad, but I do think it's a little unfair to expect us all to have to change it now at this point.

Again I am not mad and I'm not trying to be a jerk, just explaining to Jac my perspective.

Yep, it now limits you to 750 pixel, not that much for a LF forum. The old limit was around 2000 pixels. It would be nice if the limit was closer to 5000 pixels

I see the past is unaltered.
    Tin Can

I have no explanation for why people launch DOS attacks on any site, let alone this one. But, that is a reality that we have to deal with as best we can.

The actual image-size/file-size limits have been 750x750 and 244KB since shortly after we migrated to vBulletin around 2006. That limit was established because we operate on donated resources, both in terms of storage and bandwidth. Externally-hosted images, of course, can be larger, because they don't use our server's storage or bandwidth. I don't recall the earlier versions of vBulletin having an auto-resize feature at all.

Folks, we are still discussing the Tapatalk-related issue. I had thought Tapatalk would resize photos (that are set to be hosted by the forum server and not by Tapatalk) based on the forum's limitations. We are looking into confirming that. On other forums, I am usually able to upload full-res iPhone pictures, and they get uploaded as something much smaller, so I know that Tapatalk is doing some resizing.

Rick "stand by" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Barker View Post
    Tom had configured some server limits in an effort to control the denial-of-service attacks we've been encountering (the cause of the occasional slow response). He made some adjustments to those settings based on this issue. So, an upload of a 1024-pixel, 500+ KB file now works with the auto-resize function. Larger images will still fail.

Please let us know how this works for you.
    This doesn't seem to be correct...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420813423.731435.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	127793

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Yes I have an iPhone...
    I use Filterstorm and PhotoGene for working photos on the iPhone. Photogene has a pretty day to use interface and the resize option is no brainer. FilterStorm has more features so end up going back and forth.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

FYI I attempted it from my computer, it's definitely 750 on the long side now and under 250k for images, that's worse than the APUG gallery, I agree with 8x10 user it does kind of defeat the purpose of the LARGE format forum, and yea the old limit of 2000 was much better. My 4x10 panoramic images look ridiculous with 750 on the long side, I mean, they look ridiculous anyway because they suck but still... LOL

I KNOW that the site doesn't like paid users but if the server space is limited and donated, can't we donate some money to increase the server space or something?

Luminous landscape takes files up to 3000 pix long.

Which hosting site do you guys recommend for larger files?