Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: unable to post photos ?

unable to post photos ?

I am unable to upload photos, is it because my "attachments" box is full?
    Or is there another reason?

Re: unable to post photos ?

If you are attempting to upload from your computer (rather than embed a link to a photo hosted elsewhere), you need to (1) Click on the browse button and navigate to the file you want to upload and (2) Explicitly click on the Upload File(s) button.

It may not look like a button depending on your choice of web browser/operating system/forum theme but once you've specified the file, you need to click on the text which reads "Upload File(s)".

I had the same problem yesterday, I ended up having to use a link to Photobucket.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lee View Post

If you are attempting to upload from your computer (rather than embed a link to a photo hosted elsewhere), you need to (1) Click on the browse button and navigate to the file you want to upload and (2) Explicitly click on the Upload File(s) button.

It may not look like a button depending on your choice of web browser/operating system/forum theme but once you've specified the file, you need to click on the text which reads "Upload File(s)".
    I have done this successfully on occasion in the past... But for some reason i cannot do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by koh303 View Post
    I have done this successfully on occasion in the past... But for some reason i cannot do it now.
    I had the same problem today, the only solution was to make the image files very small in dimension, in addition to file size. Seems like some file attachment limitation setting has kicked in. I notice that embedded images on apug seem to display considerably larger for some reason.

There is a file-size limit for uploading photos. This is because we have limited server space.

The actual limit on size does not currently appear. I'll see if I can get that information exposed or documented.

There is no file-size limit when we merely embed a reference to a photo hosted elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lee View Post
    There is a file-size limit for uploading photos. This is because we have limited server space.
    I thought so, but did it get even smaller recently?

I'll see if I can get that information exposed or documented.

Is it possible to fill the "attachments" box? It doesn't give a limit like PM's do it just lets you know how much space you're using

According to the photos stickey:
    a. Create and store the picture as a "JPG" or "JPEG" file on your computer, to be no larger than 250K. The forum will resize the longer dimension of the picture to 750 pixels if it is larger, so if you size it that way to begin with, you won't suffer resizing errors that the forum software sometimes causes. BMP, GIF, and PNG files are also accepted, but limited to 150K and must fit within a 650-pixel box to avoid resizing. JPEG is preferred.

However - this has never been a problem when loading an image as the forum software would reduce the size of any file upload to match.

That and more -
    At the same time - i was unable to post a URL embeded with reference, it comes up as a broken image link.