Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's going to be your first LF photograph of 2015?

Question What's going to be your first LF photograph of 2015?

Maybe you've already taken it. Maybe you're planning something. Perhaps you have an on-going project. Maybe you're just hung over and annoyed by the marching bands in the Rose Bowl Parade on the television.
    What is going to be your first LF photograph of 2015?
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Re: What's going to be your first LF photograph of 2015?

Probably our family photo in next few days, taken on a 5x7 Agfa APX100 glass plate. I need to sort out the self-timer first.

My first LF photograph of 2015 will be my first LF photograph. First step, procure camera...

My first LF photo this year will probably be somewhere on the Univesity of Missouri campus where I work. I'll be using my Crown Graphic with my new2me Wollensak Wide Angle 4-1/4" f6.8 lens.

Analog Photographer Kimberly Anderson's Avatar

Went out to Great Salt Lake and photographed with the 4x10. I was thinking of doing a 12x20 but it wasn't there. I will go back out tomorrow and try again. It's part of an ongoing project. I also have a tradition of making an image on 12/31 as well as 1/1 every year. I like the idea of ending the year and starting it doing something I love.

Shot a 4x5 test neg. of the Dan Bilbrey Plaza in Tracy, Ca. (Tri-x expired Sept, 1976).

Don't know yet. Traditionally, it would have been of my boys today out along Prairie Creek somewhere, but it did not happen (hopefully later this month!)

Finally got most of my 8x10 holders emptied and film developed, so I feel I can load some more film up. I have too many 11x14 sheets to process still, so I will wait to go that size until I whittle down the backlog. But I really would like to get around to modifying an 11x14 darkslide to get two 5.5x14 images per 11x14 sheet (image size would be more like 5"x13.5"). I have a couple extra darkslides (metal) and a coping saw around here somewhere. Got to see if I have the right blade and also find a file around here.

Took a short bicycle ride from the house yesterday afternoon. I saw some nice light that a 5x14 using a 270mm to 300mm lens would be the sweetest thing. It got me to thinking that a trailer for the bike could serve me well -- I could bike the 11x14 right to where I want to photograph, or unhitch the trailer and use it as a cart if the situation calls for it. But I could take the 8x10 and make a few 4x10's for now.

What a nice thought to start the New Year!
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

It'll be whatever strikes my fancy on the day some time later this year when I have a view camera again. Hopefully an 8x10.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Tink is tapping her tiny toes, impatiently waiting for me...
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Now that she's finished with it, I'm going to photograph my mom's form-fitted mesh mask they used to immobilize her head while she underwent radiation treatment for brain cancer. I've had it for a week, just working myself up to it...

One of those moments I knew would come where I wish I still had my 8x10.

Mike
    Politically, aerodynamically, and fashionably incorrect.