I searched the past posts, but did not find much recent information. I have been out of LF for awhile...what is the prospect of 8x10 color film becoming obsolete in the near future? It's my guess 4x5 film would outlive 8x10 film as their probably is 50x more 4x5 cameras in existence vs. 8x10. However, after experiencing the digital world myself, I feel the threat 4x5 film will soon have is digital cameras / backs getting better and better. I think within 2 years, 40 MP cameras will be a reality. When the Foveon, (RGB per pixel, is perfected - which is in the works) coupled with increased pixel count, I think 4x5 will be at the mercy of digital also. Of course the casual hobby shooter will not run out and buy such expensive gear, but unfortunately they are not the big buyers of film, which works against what we need.

My gut feeling is, Fuji and Kodak, as a result of the digital proliferation, will constantly analyze each product line and demand profitability in each film size. Due to the propietary nature of film, I could not imagine them selling the LF film business off. Companies of this size just close the product line. Any rumblings in the industry? Any thoughts? TYIA