Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pc replacement

pc replacement

Hi I have a synnar 2100 that lost its pc and I wonder if that is something I can replace on my own and if someone knows to buy such things
    thanks
    We are not moved by things ,but by the views we take of them.
    Epictitus
    My Site

Octogenarian

pc replacement

Gustavo,

Are you referring to the flash sync. outlet on a Copal 1 shutter? If so, it should be replaced by an experienced repair person, since it probably needs soldered electrical connections. If you send it out to be repaired, there is no need to include the lens glass in the package.
    Only the shutter.

pc replacement

Thanks yes that is what I was refering to the conector it self came undone
    We are not moved by things ,but by the views we take of them.
    Epictitus
    My Site

pc replacement

When I got a Linhof recessed lensboard for my 58XL, it came with a kit of parts including a right angled PC socket to replace the straight one that was on the shutter. All I had to do was unscrew the old socket and screw on the new one, no soldering required!

Octogenarian

pc replacement

Jeff,

The right-angled PC connectors that attach to Copal 0 shutters are fastened by means of two screws. The straight up PC connectors that are used on Copal 1 shutters are connected to the shutter in a different manner. If the PC connector on Gustavo's Copal 1 shutter did not merely fall off, but was broken off, the possibility exists that replacing it will require a major repair job. That's why I hesitated to tell him that it was a simple do-it-yourself procedure and recommended that he have a professional take care of it.

pc replacement

I looked at my Copal 0 and Copal 1 shutters and the PC connectors are the same, and attach the same way.

Octogenarian

pc replacement

Jeff,

I'm referring to the right angled PC connectors, as compared to the straight-up PC connectors. They each connect to the shutter in a different fashion. The right angled connectors are held by two screws. The straight-up connectors on both Copal 0 and Copal 1 shutters are either press fitted into an opening in the shutter, or are screwed into a threaded opening. Either way, both have electrical connections inside of the shutter. I am assuming that Gustavo's PC connector is
    the straight-up type, because he mentions that his lens is a 210, that is mounted in a Copal 1 shutter.

Octogenarian

pc replacement

P.S. Gustavo,

If you believe that you can replace the PC connector by yourself, you can contact RTS, Inc. , in Deer Park, NY, for parts (www.rtsphoto.com).

pc replacement

The pc connector on my Copal 1 shutters are the straight up kind and they attach with two screws, one on either side of the connector, same as the right angle one I got from Linhof. Perhaps we are talking about different eras of Copal shutters; mine are the modern variety.

Octogenarian

pc replacement

Jeff,

Perhaps we should ask for more information from Gustavo. Gustavo, are there two small screw holes on each side of the larger hole where the PC connector used to be? If so, you can send your shutter to Jeff so that he can repair it for you. He has the missing part. However, If there is only one hole, or if a broken piece of the PC connector is still in there, send it to S.K.Grimes for repair.