Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm interested in your opinion of this lens

Re: I'm interested in your opinion of this lens

If your interest is driven by budget, consider that you can find a used modern 210mm from Schneider, Nikon and Rodenstock in a Copal for way under $200 in a working shutter.
    OTOH, if it is vintage glass you're after, the Velostigmat series II is a real peach IMHO. Put a wtb post here---these are very common lenses and you can probably find a better deal on a better described lens from one of our forum members.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Thanks everyone for the advice. In asking about this lens, or any other non-modern sharp etc. lens, because I'm trying to expand my outlook. When I first became involved in LF, I was all-in for the f/64 ethic. I still like this approach to landscapes, but it's only one of many. I want to develop multiple visions in the way I look at things and shift gears if I feel I'm getting stale (I'm sure this will make my pocket book scream in agony). My work with pinhole these last few years has helped me do that.

My present camera is a 4x5 Crown Graphic with the Ektar 127/4.5 lens. I need to experiment more with this one. I picked up an SA 90/8 a couple of years ago and recently an SA 120/8 and Fujinon W 180/5.6. These two are really overkill for the Crown but I'm pretty sure I'm going to move to 5x7/5x8 eventually. Thanks again.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Pacilla View Post
    Hey Joe.While these do take either the Wollensak air bulb attachment or Wollensak cable release w/ the non-tapered end for exterior threads the Alphax & Betax shutters are also tapped for the VERY common inner tapered cable releases.
    Good to know Louis. Thanks for the info.