Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: B&h film promo

Re: B&h film promo

they still have the overhead trolley system...It is what I imagine Santa's workshop would be like

Freestyle simply won't budge on shipping rates to Canada and it's costing them business as I know many won't shop there because of the high shipping fees.
    Precisely the reason I don't buy from them anymore.

Drew Wiley

You ordinarily have to pay for parking to shop there? Weird. Guess that's NYC, and Frisco too.

I buy all my 2X3 sheet film from Freestyle. B&H discontinued it some time ago.

I still have a good sized stash of 2X3 efke PL 25 and 100 I bought from them.

Time to order more Ilford and Arista 2X3 sheet film!

Thanks for the reminder.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    You ordinarily have to pay for parking to shop there? Weird. Guess that's NYC, and Frisco too.
    Any big city.

In Atlanta at a former employer even employees had to pay to park. It was something like $60 a month IIRC, which is a bargain compared to many big cities, but shocked the folks "back home."

Sigh. I'm here because it's where the money is but I often miss small town living.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    Yea, think about how many people live in NYC and then think about all those visiting for the day, I don't know how many on that tiny island but every inch is worth $$$ it's probably the ONLY store on the whole of NYC that has free parking, it's pretty impressive honestly. Parking is at a premium, I have to use an app to find the best parking prices because there are some lots that charge what breaks up to be about $2 per minute.... Yup, you read that right... But there are some good places you can get like $15-$20 for 1-3 hours. It's kind of another world.

Even for those who've lived in other big cities, NYC is a different world. I've never been there myself and the thought alone makes me nervous though my wife, who lived there for several years, loves it and keeps threatening to take me.

Personally I insist she drive when we even go into Atlanta proper. As far as I'm concerned the entire world ITP (Inside The Perimeter of I-285 around Atlanta) might as well be marked on maps as "here be dragons."

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Even for those who've lived in other big cities, NYC is a different world. I've never been there myself and the thought alone makes me nervous though my wife, who lived there for several years, loves it and keeps threatening to take me.

Personally I insist she drive when we even go into Atlanta proper. As far as I'm concerned the entire world ITP (Inside The Perimeter of I-285 around Atlanta) might as well be marked on maps as "here be dragons."
    Come to NYC at least once!

If you bring your view camera I'll meet you for some Central Park shooting

Can't on the Manhattan street though, tripods not allowed, "danger" for others to trip on the legs.