Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: B&h film promo

B&h film promo

B&h seems to be softening it's stance on moving completely away from film. Or at least milking the trend while it's getting popular. Posted two days ago.

Wish List: Film Nostalgia: http://youtu.be/GL4Y92tYcKM

Re: B&h film promo

B&H is my standard source for film, paper, and whatever chemicals I don't get from Photographer's Formulary. I haven't heard anything about them moving away from, or minimizing, their film offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by Deval View Post
    B&h seems to be softening it's stance on moving completely away from film. Or at least milking the trend while it's getting popular. Posted two days ago.

Wish List: Film Nostalgia: http://youtu.be/GL4Y92tYcKM
    Maybe they finally noticed we spend plenty on our 'stupid' hobby. LOL
    Tin Can

Well it was funny. I stopped by the store this summer while in nyc and the employees behind film counter had the impression that they were possibly going to reappropriate the film desk /section in store and keep it online order only. They have moved all of their developing off site to a local lab. That's why I was surprised when I saw the video. They even show their film fridge packed to the brim(which was certainly almost empty when I was in the store). I certainly am happy if the winds have changed. They definitely have the most competitive new prices I have seen.

They took the only nice b&h employee and put him in a video.
    I just placed an order today.

LOL, I'm happy to see that they've made this video like this because I'm sick of people telling me that you can't buy film anymore. Ah, puttering around the darkroom, what joy. I don't putter, I move pretty quickly, actually. Time is money in New York.

I buy paper, film, LPD developer, Heico fixer, stop bath, selenium toner, and all sorts of stuff from B&H, just about every week.

Yes, the film department has their backs up against the wall but they're still moving product. Let's help keep them in business. My friend Sonny who works in the darkroom department said that people ask him when was the last time he sold a roll of film, and he replies: "Fifteen minutes ago!". Ha ha....

There are lots of nice people in B&H, I've been going there for years and years. It's New York, there is always a little bit of attitude, and people are in a rush, but I really don't see a lot of rudeness. Heck, I found a darkroom space and made a friend by talking to someone who was working at B&H. B&H has always treated me right.

Dave Karp

I agree. Never had a problem with them on any order I have ever made. No problems with returns either.

Preston Birdwell

I agree. Never had a problem with them on any order I have ever made. No problems with returns either.
    Same here. I've ordered film, cameras, lenses, two monitors and all manner of small stuff from them over the years and have never had an issue. I had to call them once when a film shipment got lost in transit, and they were most helpful and friendly. The film was located by UPS before they shipped a replacement. I've yet to return an item, and their packaging is always excellent.

It's good to know they are still actively supporting us!

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

I never noticed they were moving away from film, though when I went to the film desk in October and bought 125 sheets of 8x10, the guy at the counter told me I was some kind of "hero".
    He was being funny, but afterwards I noticed that the film counter is a quiet spot in a very busy store.

I am sure most of us simply order off the website. I get about 2 orders a month from them. B&H is very competitive these days.

They are now beating Amazon on some things, even with shipping and I am a Prime member.

Soon B&H will be getting all my photography business as Amazon is opening a distribution center in Illinois and sales/use tax will be back, whereas NYC does not reach this far.

That said, I shop all photo suppliers for price with shipping. Gallons of fixer is cheapest in 4 packs from Photographers Formulary. The more I save, the more I can buy.

I'm a Cone-head, consuming mass quantities, if anybody remembers SNL early days. I quit watching it when John OD'ed, really pissed me off.
    Tin Can