Page 11 of 130 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiny Format Portraits

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

Re: Tiny Format Portraits

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Took this today. Colleagues of mine who will be moving on to a new job. I've been shooting family photos for them for a couple of years. Sad to see them go! Figured I would shoot a little film today as well.

Contax Super Ikonta w/ 80mm f/2.8 Tessar, one flash camera right for fill, Plus-X, Acufine:
    very nice family portrait
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

Thanks Peter; No soft focus on my visit to England; I traveled light. Everything I needed for 4 days in my backpack that fit the size/weight requirements for carryon luggage. It was a snow squal when I left Maine, and we had 8 inches of fresh snow upon my return. It has since mostly melted. I'll have to find other things besides snow to photograph soon.

Corran; Family photos are tough and that is good. I am a sucker for the tessar background too.

Thanks to you both, and jp that portrait has some fabulous light. I keep coming back and enjoying it. Is that computer just in the park?
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

The computer is in the park in it's original building, but is managed/staffed separately for some reason. Apparently there's some drama around that and all the money coming in for improvements, but the people there were as sweet and pleasant and down to earth as could be, and I think I managed to capture some of that humbleness and down to earthness in my photo.

I agree, and I would be fascinated with the computer. Old computer stuff is quite interesting - I was taught how to do basic programming with punch cards in a gifted class in elementary school (of course I remember nothing of it now). My grandfather was an electrical engineer for the air force and then freelance so I would see old tube electronics all the time in his shop and would play with old parts and such.

Portrait of a local actor...

“Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile!”
    ― Robert Doisneau”

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Quan View Post

I love the image, but respect your correct use of actor.
    Tin Can

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Quan View Post

great portrait, really like the lighting in this
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

Corran & JP, great photos. I agree on the Tessar. They're a sleeper. I bought into the Rollei 2.8F for a long time & then sold it for a super angulon xl. Eventually I missed the Rollei & bought an old Rolleiflex T & had it tuned up by Harry. I've become totally enamored of the tessar. It really is a lens of character. The Super Ikonta, as you demonstrate C, is also in a class by itself. Beautiful images, both!

Thanks Greg!

I continue to be enamored by my Leica M9's skin tones lately. I've been using it more for commercial work after having calibrated the rangefinder which I knocked out of alignment the first day I owned it. Anyway, here's a photo from today as the wind was blowing in a storm using the M9 with a Nikkor 8.5cm f/1.5 and SB-800 flash: