Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi from Austria

Dominik

Re: Hi from Austria

Hallo und Willkommen!
    Uncoated 4.5 150mm Tessar and Xenars can often be found very cheap on old 9x12 or 10x15cm plate cameras. Were the photographs taken at the Naschmarkt?

Danke

Yes two of them at a crowded place at the Naschmarkt. Check my making of for pictures of doing that (Click the picture for more pictures and the blog article):

Here another one from Naschmarkt (with a 65mm lens)

This was kind of tough, lots of people were bumping into me. I really had to watch my stuff, but I just like it when I get people in the background.
    Funny: I heard one of them saying, ah look at him, thats one of the fast shooting cameras where you get immediately the photo
    And its kind of easier to talk into strangers with that camera than with my Mamiya.

Welcome! So you had no issues at all in a crowded place with a tripod? I would be to worried about getting in the way of people... but then again, I never shoot people! Nice work.

I just watched your video, amazing. just wow. How long does it take to finish one of them?

Thank you!!
    I had two friends who assisted me, but o be honest, if I'm in "shooting mode", I don't see anybody else than my subject and my camera. I'm so focused that it's like I loose the feeling for everything else.
    I felt people bumping into me, sometimes I was holding the tripod and refocusing, because there was a slight movement. But if you had asked me if it was a woman, man or child....I don't know.
    It's like meditation for me

My carbon transfer video? Thank you! It takes hours to make one. A lot of prep work, making glop, tissue, sizing papers, then the actual making of the print which takes a few hours. Worth it though.
    By looking at your excellent portraits, I can tell that you are not bothered. Good for you! I wish I could be more like that.