Thread: Alternative process Spirit of salts

Alternative process Spirit of salts

Spirit of salts book for sale $30.00 plus shipping about $5.00
    Hi I mistakably purchased two copys of the book I am looking to sale one for my cost is new and in great shape
    the book is by Randall Webb & Martin Reed
    Thanks
    We are not moved by things ,but by the views we take of them.
    Epictitus
    My Site

Octogenarian

Why has this classified advertisment been allowed to remain on this forum??

Eugene, I know it looks an awful lot like a classified, so I understand what you are saying. However, it also looks like Gustavo is just trying to share, not to make any money.

A better approach would have been to give us a synopsis and a critique. He then could have added as an afterthought that he had an extra copy ordered by mistake and to email him for details. Also, the book is VERY good. I highly recommend it.

Octogenarian

Don,

As they say in Washington, DC :" If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and waddles like a duck, it's a duck!" This is a classified ad and should be removed. The site monitor is not doing his job.

"The site monitor is not doing his job."

For a moment there I read "the Hall Monitor is not doing his job" and had a flashback to avoiding Prefects at Grammar School. Too many teenage male hormones around here sometimes?

My guess is the "site monitor" doesn't get paid enough to be terribly worried about it. This isn't Hansard. The simplest and most obvious course of action would appear to be not to keep posting to threads you dislike and thus actually keep them alive rather than letting them die naturally.

Octogenarian

Well, well, well Donal Taylor pops up again! What a surprise! How are you coming with your treatment for bipolar disorder, Donal (or Mark, whatever name you are using these days)?

Click on my name, and check the number or entries I have made to this forum during the past few years. Also take a look at my contribution to the Large Format Photography home page. My article is entitled:"Developing 4x5 Film, An Alternative Method". I'm also working on a second article at the present time.

This is Tuan's website. I respect it and want to help maintain it's high standards for quality and integrity. I'm attempting to improve this forum, not destroy it. I don't expect you to understand that concept. FYI, I grew out of my teens fifty-five years ago. I'll be seventy-five at my next birthday, and I have been a devout advocate of the photographic process since my thirteenth birthday.

Eugene,

At the end of the day, I have to agree with you. I was only suggesting ways in which this post could have sparked a discussion of the book. It IS a damn good book. Have you seen it? I am still very new at alternative processes and it was a big help to me. The explanations were detailed and clear and the book has great illustrations.

Octogenarian

Don,

This discussion has absolutely nothing to do with the book. It concerns the propriety of advertising something for sale on this forum. I have a new 5x7 camera that I bought by " mistake". I would love to advertise it on this forum. I'll bet I could sell it in one day. However, If I did post a classified ad here , could I justify my behavior by starting a discussion about the joys of using a 5x7 camera, or what a great camera it is? I don't believe that I would be able to get away with it.

Eugene,

You say "I don't believe that I would be able to get away with it." I think you just did. What kind is the 5x7 and how much you are you asking?

Just kidding. I get your point.

Don

Hi Eugene
    Are you worried that you might be offered something to buy on a niche forum, buy it and then have "buyers regret"? Come on even though you are 78 years old "grow up"!