Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
Packard shutter is the way to go, I really like them now that my hands are working, sorta.
Some said I need one of these adaptor boxes:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/231411653813?_mwBanner=1

Anybody else build them? The Packard shutter goes on the large end. I am certainly a little worried about hanging this much weight off the front of my beautiful 5x7 Wisner.

An old time photographer friend told me I bought a paperweight, which kinda hurts, LOL. He said Imagons were way better. I bought this thing to see if thieves were actually luring people with lenses from the 1800s, haha! What is the bloody thing worth?

As for disparaging people by calling them hoarders, it's a free country, you can buy as many enlargers, lenses, cameras, whatever, as your wallet and space allows.

I have respect for people who keep these enlargers from going to scrap, no matter how many they own. My father restored old John Deere tractors, and did beautiful work. You think you got problems finding parts, try getting a manifold for a 1929 John Deere GP, forty years ago, before eBay. We froze our butts off in the winter getting one off a tractor that had been rusting away for decades.

In the end, we're all dust.