Thread: WORKSHOP: Introduction to Large Format Photograph: March 6-8, 2015 - Death Valley NP

Michael E. Gordon

WORKSHOP: Introduction to Large Format Photograph: March 6-8, 2015 - Death Valley NP

My next Introduction to Large Format Photography workshop takes place March 6-8, 2015 in the incomparable Death Valley National Park. This workshop is limited to only six photographers and everyone gets plenty of hands-on instruction and attention. NO previous LF experience is required and loaner gear is available for those who do not own. This workshop is sponsored by Chamonix View Cameras. Learn more and register here.

Greg from Houston just took part in my Nov 2014 Introduction to Large Format Photography workshop and had this to say:

"Your workshop was just the inspiration I needed to jumpstart my serious return to large format photography. Your instruction was superb (including de-mystifying Scheimpflug) and I most appreciated your easy to understand and practical approach to the craft that will allow me to be present in the environment and concentrate on my vision instead of the mechanics of the camera. An unexpected bonus was the passion you bring to photography and the desert environment."

Thank you for your interest!

Re: WORKSHOP: Introduction to Large Format Photograph: March 6-8, 2015 - Death Valley

Michael is an incredible nice guy who spends about two months per year at DV and knows the place intimately. I have been to two of his workshops and I have enjoyed every moment of them. For example, he took a group of us for a sand dune shoot at 5AM and he knew where to park the cars and how to navigate every twist and turn in the total darkness to reach the perfect spot.

If you decide to take his workshop, you can enjoy 5% special discount when you purchase Chamonix products.

Re: WORKSHOP: Introduction to Large Format Photograph: March 6-8, 2015 - Death Valley

Is this workshop best suited for those with "NO previous LF experience", or are the participants typically a mix of levels?
    I've shot at Death Valley before and it is a *very* large place with many opportunities. Still, there is only one sunrise and one sunset per day. How many locations do you expect to visit during this workshop?

Thanks.