Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8x10 Pinhole in a Bag

Beginner 4x5

Re: 8x10 Pinhole in a Bag

I attached the darkbag to the top of the camera. Inside the camera there are two compartments, one for taking pictures, and one behind that for storing paper.

When I change the paper I can lift it upwards into the extra space granted by the darkbag, place it in the storage compartment, and then draw a new one, lift it over the film holder area and slide it down.

In the storage compartment I keep the sheets in a dark plastic bag, just in case some light should slip through the sleeves of the darkbag.

http://photofying.wordpress.com/2014...-format-camera

My camera is built for 5x7 paper, then it is possible to do the operations one handed with a single sleeve dark bag. If I were going larger I think I would prefer to have two sleeves.

That's an interesting concept!

Wilper and plywood: any inside/detail pics?

You might also look u the Afghan Camera Project. This is relatively small format photography with lenses where the camera box is also a box with one sleeve for handling film or paper and developing. They made and processed paper negatives and then copied camera type procedure to make positives. Sorry no time to hunt down the link. Merry Christmas to all.

Beginner 4x5

Quote Originally Posted by Taran of Caer Dallnem View Post
    That's an interesting concept!

Wilper and plywood: any inside/detail pics?
    Not much to show. It's just an lid-less box, spray painted black on the inside, where I have drilled a hole in one end and taped an achromat to the inside wall.

Since I didn't build a pinhole camera I needed some way to focus, so there are strips of cardboard taped vertical along the side walls. There are tiny gaps between the strips so that I can slide my film holder/compartment divider into place from above. That way I can change the focusing distance in the field.

The camera works well enough, that I plan on building a larger one for 11x14 size papers, just so I can say that I can join the ULF club. :-) I'll get a lens with a longer focal length for that project, to get a reasonable chance at having full coverage of the paper.