Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tiger photography workshop

Re: Tiger photography workshop

Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    A tiger in the Zoo is still able to move is he not, unfortunately most examples of tiger lf photography was of dead animals.
    It is trivial to setup a camera with a long focal length lens to take a photo of an animal within a fixed-size enclosure - where else could they go? That scenario is entirely different from trying to capture a shot of a tiger or animal in the wild.

Dominik

Quote Originally Posted by djdister View Post
    It is trivial to setup a camera with a long focal length lens to take a photo of an animal within a fixed-size enclosure - where else could they go? That scenario is entirely different from trying to capture a shot of a tiger or animal in the wild.
    Take a look at the photographs made by Carl Georg Schillings during his 4 exhibitions to German-East-Africa (1896 - 1904), he didn't photograph tigers but lions and other big cats as well as other wild animals. Even more importantly many of his photographs were made at night and he did use a Goerz Ango and other Handcameras with glassplates. e.g. a leopard and a lioness http://gutenberg.spiegel.de/gutenb/s...ilder/0177.jpg http://gutenberg.spiegel.de/gutenb/s...ilder/0008.jpg

Several of his images on a flickr account (not mine) all large format slides: https://www.flickr.com/photos/40861539@N05/6939114100/

He also published a book with the title Mit Blitzlicht und Büchse (English title in Wildest Africa)

Gentlemen, I think this is getting a little out of hand. It began with a post that many of us think is spam, enquiring about a particular workshop for photographing tigers. Part of the response to the spammer was that this is a large format photography site, and the likelihood of anyone successfully photographing tigers in the wild with large format equipment was pretty low. Somehow we have gotten from spam to semi-debating whether one could take pictures of a wild tiger with large format equipment. I suspect the answer is yes, and MDR will provide the glass plate to prove it. But this has little to do with original post and the majority of responses to it. (I suspect that before the advent of the Leica, pioneering photographers using the large format equipment of the day managed to photograph almost anything they set their minds to, but that doesn't mean that the equipment they used was optimal for the job.)

I agree that this is absolutely the most stupid thread on this forum, or rather, the most stupid one that has not yet been locked by the moderators. Nothing beneficial to the LFPF can be gained from its past or present contributions (including this note). Please put it out of our collective misery.

Quote Originally Posted by ahad0001 View Post
    Are you doing Christmas photography ?
    Of course. I am photographing a snow leopard in the wild in the Himalayas with my 4x5 Sinar......
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by djdister View Post
    Nothing beneficial to the LFPF can be gained from its past or present contributions
    Now see how wrong you were? It brought us a new member that specializes in Christmas photography

Thread closed.