Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiger photography workshop

Re: Tiger photography workshop

Quote Originally Posted by gregmo View Post
    Personally, if I was planning a trip & spending thousands of dollars to see/ photograph big cats. I would go to Africa..southern or eastern portions during the wet season. You will definitely see lions, perhaps cheetahs & leopards too if lucky.
    Afaik, the only country that has tigers in the wild is India - not something available elsewhere! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by analoguey View Post
    Afaik, the only country that has tigers in the wild is India - not something available elsewhere! :-)
    There are tigers in the wild in Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Camodia, Indonesia, Myanmar, Nepal, Russia, Sumatra, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam.

I hesitated to comment in this thread because my radar is telling me the thread was intended to be advertising for the person mentioned in post #1.

Dear Will,

Postprandially.

Sincerely,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by willy0102 View Post
    Yes i have heard of Google ..but i don't think you have heard of fake marketing ? i wanted to know about him fully before investing my money & right now i feel like it turned out to be a mistake from my side that i actually thought i could get some insides about him .I mean how can a person help me out if he himself needs help .. u sir believe everything that's written on internet which itself is a problem for u .Anyways I hope you don't need Google to understand this .
    See this is the issue.....we see lots of posts like this that often times turn out to be shills for the workshop while pretending to be asking innocent questions. Yours sounds suspiciously like such and it sets off alarm bells to the cynics here....me being one. Seeing as how you posted the exact same question on a few different forums (copy/paste), it seems less than innocent. It looks like spam to me.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by will whitaker View Post
    ...posthumously.
    lol!
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Smells like spam!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Whitaker View Post
    ...posthumously.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Uh, posted here only if the last thing the victim did was re-insert the dark slide....
    Peter Collins

On the intent of the First Amendment: The press was to serve the governed, not the governors --Opinion, Hugo Black, Judge, Supreme Court, 1971 re the "Pentagon Papers."

Dominik

Couldn't resist posting this link to glassplates made at the Chicago Zoo which are housed at the field Museum.
    http://www.formerdays.com/2012_10_01_archive.html
    The second one is an Image of a tiger. The Goerz Anschuetz was specifically build to make photographs of wildlife during expeditions to Africa, etc....
    It seems an often forgotten fact that many photographic Genres/themes which are now considered impossible to do with big cameras were done with big cameras in the era before MF and 35mm cameras (Sports, Wildlife, etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Couldn't resist posting this link to glassplates made at the Chicago Zoo which are housed at the field Museum.
    http://www.formerdays.com/2012_10_01_archive.html
    The second one is an Image of a tiger. The Goerz Anschuetz was specifically build to make photographs of wildlife during expeditions to Africa, etc....
    It seems an often forgotten fact that many photographic Genres/themes which are now considered impossible to do with big cameras were done with big cameras in the era before MF and 35mm cameras (Sports, Wildlife, etc...)
    Well, not that LF photos of tigers don't exist, but that link shows LF photos of animals in a zoo, not in the wilds of India or Africa...

Dominik

Quote Originally Posted by djdister View Post
    Well, not that LF photos of tigers don't exist, but that link shows LF photos of animals in a zoo, not in the wilds of India or Africa...
    A tiger in the Zoo is still able to move is he not, unfortunately most examples of tiger lf photography was of dead animals.