Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiger photography workshop

Tiger photography workshop

So yesterday me & my buddy who is also a amateur photographer(just like me)were having a random chit chat .so one thing lead to another & we landed to a decision to do some wildlife photography , he told me about a person " Sudhir shivaram "& the tiger photography workshop he is conducting in Ranthambore india which facinated me . So please tell me have any of u guys heard about him ? how is his work & all .. ?

Re: Tiger photography workshop

If anyone has any large format shots of tigers, you'll see them posted here ...

Willy: Surely you have heard of google? I tried it, and found out quite a bit about Mr. Shivaram. I hesitate to post anything, because I don't understand why you posted your question. And as Dan pointed out, tiger photography with a view camera is an unlikely proposition, but this is a large format photography site. Mr. Shivaram is under contract to a well-known camera company, but one that has no connection at all to large format.

Quote Originally Posted by djdister View Post
    If anyone has any large format shots of tigers, you'll see them posted here ...
    ...posthumously.

I have no idea about how the workshop is ran or if the tigers are in the wild or in a sanctuary.

I started college with a path towards zoology to work with big cats. Tigers were always a favorite. I can tell you...In the wild, the odds of seeing a tiger are extremely rare. They are very seclucive animals. With only several thousand remaining in the wild…it's a long shot to see one much less long enough to photograph one with a LF camera.
    Personally, if I was planning a trip & spending thousands of dollars to see/ photograph big cats. I would go to Africa..southern or eastern portions during the wet season. You will definitely see lions, perhaps cheetahs & leopards too if lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Whitaker View Post
    ...posthumously.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Film, the consistent file format for over a century.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lewin View Post
    Willy: Surely you have heard of google? I tried it, and found out quite a bit about Mr. Shivaram. I hesitate to post anything, because I don't understand why you posted your question. And as Dan pointed out, tiger photography with a view camera is an unlikely proposition, but this is a large format photography site. Mr. Shivaram is under contract to a well-known camera company, but one that has no connection at all to large format.

Yes i have heard of Google ..but i don't think you have heard of fake marketing ? i wanted to know about him fully before investing my money & right now i feel like it turned out to be a mistake from my side that i actually thought i could get some insides about him .I mean how can a person help me out if he himself needs help .. u sir believe everything that's written on internet which itself is a problem for u .Anyways I hope you don't need Google to understand this .

I agree with you but i have all ready been to Africa twice .. which is why i wanted to visit Ranthambore .

Then surely you will be much better informed asking your question on a wildlife photography forum. Unless of course you are in someway connected with them and are trying some devious advertising

I'm not sure in what sense 'sanctuary' is mentioned earlier - most, if not all sanctuaries in India are forest areas without boundaries and in the wild. None are safari-parks where animals are herded into specific areas and are easily visible for tourists. (if that was the interpretation)

Ranthambore is a large National park(about as Wild as you can get, I suppose). IIRC it hosts the second biggest number of tigers after the (contiguous) national parks in the south. And usually touted to tourists as *the* place to see tigers easily.

Of course, spotting tigers requires luck. There's supposedly a tourist friendly bunch there - haven't been there myself.
    Other places I have been to, haven't really had much luck spotting tigers.
    Also, there are some safaris on Elephant back.

Don't know if it makes a difference but the Clintons got to see a family of tigers when they visited India @ Ranthambore, I think.