Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Reboot

Re: Reboot

I refuse to ever take a stress test again. Those can kill you and they do make you sign a waiver that absolves them of any blame in your sudden demise.

No way!
    Tin Can

If

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    I just need more time-so much to do, so much to see a lot of living yet to do.
    then you're in a position to give advice, not request advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    I'm 64 and feeling a bit of panic.

First and foremost I decided I needed to lose some weight. My initial goal was to lose the equivalent weight of my pack-26 lbs which I have just now accomplished this week-now I need to do the weight of the tripod. I feel a lot better. My body is starting to feel like it is capable of keeping up with my mind. I wonder how far I can go with this and how much younger I will feel if I can get below 200? Its been decades since I was below 200.

I just need more time-so much to do, so much to see a lot of living yet to do.
    It's really hard to see nobody told you the hard truth yet.

26 pounds you lost is the proverbial too little too late. To live for decades with weight over 200 pounds is nothing short of direct asking for future troubles.
    If you really want to see a difference you must go much under those 200 pounds.
    The knee was just a loud protest of your body against you - thinking, finally I have a new knee, all is right would be not to understand its message.

So, what to do? Forget any, any red meat right away, call veggies and fruit your best friends every single day and hope you can save some time. Hoping is important, it's not just waiting, it's a building block of a new life.

Quote Originally Posted by HMG View Post
    If

You made my day with that jewel of wisdom. Thank you.
    --
    Jac Stafford

No offense but... HERE

The definition of Yoga is 'to still the turnings of thought', so it can help you to express your visual uniqueness as well as help with proprioception and strength. But its often taught poorly or misused. The average western person needs some other form of core strenthening to keep safe in the long run. It would be a good idea to combine it with long walks and some functional strength training.

Quote Originally Posted by HMG View Post
    If

There is no either or.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by hoffner View Post
    It's really hard to see nobody told you the hard truth yet.

26 pounds you lost is the proverbial too little too late. To live for decades with weight over 200 pounds is nothing short of direct asking for future troubles.
    If you really want to see a difference you must go much under those 200 pounds.
    The knee was just a loud protest of your body against you - thinking, finally I have a new knee, all is right would be not to understand its message.

So, what to do? Forget any, any red meat right away, call veggies and fruit your best friends every single day and hope you can save some time. Hoping is important, it's not just waiting, it's a building block of a new life.
    Exactly. Obesity is the biggest health issue this country will face & there are no signs of it getting better. I was a fitness trainer at the National Institutes of Health. You are right on all points.

Also that "new" knee will only last about 15 years..probably less with high impact activities before needing to replace it again.

Quote Originally Posted by gregmo View Post
    Exactly. Obesity is the biggest health issue this country will face & there are no signs of it getting better. I was a fitness trainer at the National Institutes of Health. You are right on all points.

Also that "new" knee will only last about 15 years..probably less with high impact activities before needing to replace it again.
    I second Gregmo's comments!

One needs to watch what to eat! No bread, no pasta, no potatoes! Anything that will make you feel just full! Stay hungry (but not thirsty) so that those dreams can come alive one day!

My Dad (RIP) used to say, there are three killers in the world and all three are white! Flour, sugar and salt!

Fibre, take it out of green vegs, sugar eat fruits, salt only a pinch as required (for keep it going not taste)!

A new miracle I discovered recently that has so much good in it. Apple cider vinegar! Got to be unfiltered, unpasteurised with mother! Pains (inflammations), diet (fat burner) and cleaning as well as flu/cold remedy! Egyptians swear on this medicine 3000 years ever since! Also, good for the heart! A must; a natural fermented food!

Yes we will all die one day, however it is important how we live today! 5-10 minute meditation daily can make you focus on your life and goals!

Think NOT, be NOT, why NOT!

Kurtay
    Last edited by Kurtay Photography; 3-Jun-2019 at 18:16.

Kevin Kolosky

Maybe I missed it, but what is in the 4 x 5 kit now after the "purge"?