Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: New to FORUM

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    9

    New to FORUM

    This is my first post to this forum. I've been selling a number of Ca 1900 wooden cameras for a friend and need info of some of them that don't have nameplates. I need all the help that I can get

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,190

    Re: New to FORUM

    Quote Originally Posted by syclone View Post
    This is my first post to this forum. I've been selling a number of Ca 1900 wooden cameras for a friend and need info of some of them that don't have nameplates. I need all the help that I can get
    We are not here to help newbies sell. We are enthusiasts that want people to join this forum and use these cameras.

    If you want help, post pictures of cameras, but you will not have access to the buy and sell threads until you are a 30 day member.

    Go read our rules. We do enforce them.

    Good luck and welcome!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,033

    Re: New to FORUM

    Let's give Syclone a friendlier welcome. He started a reasonable thread, with photo, asking for help in identifying a camera that looked somewhat like an early Deardorf (unfortunately in the wrong place, the LF Image Sharing forum rather than the more appropriate Cameras & Equipment forum, but he's new). He hasn't said anything about using this forum to sell cameras. I imagine that anyone using Google to find a place to ask questions about old LF cameras might end up here. So welcome Syclone, and if you actually use LF cameras, we will be interested in seeing your work,

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: New to FORUM

    ^^^ Agree ^^^

    Welcome to APUG, syclone.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,190

    Re: New to FORUM

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lewin View Post
    Let's give Syclone a friendlier welcome. He started a reasonable thread, with photo, asking for help in identifying a camera that looked somewhat like an early Deardorf (unfortunately in the wrong place, the LF Image Sharing forum rather than the more appropriate Cameras & Equipment forum, but he's new). He hasn't said anything about using this forum to sell cameras. I imagine that anyone using Google to find a place to ask questions about old LF cameras might end up here. So welcome Syclone, and if you actually use LF cameras, we will be interested in seeing your work,
    Sorry, I didn't see his photo. Perhaps the welcome is late?

  6. #6
    (Shrek)
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,542

    Re: New to FORUM

    Personally, I never get tired of looking at camera p0rn, and love hearing about the comings and goings of the artisans and craftsmen who made lf cameras out of their garden sheds or any way they could, so I have no objection to syclone posting camera pics and asking for help identifying them. He did post a couple pics of a beautiful camera, I'm curious as to how it's origin might be narrowed down a little. I thought 'British' when I saw it, but not from any of the big names.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    3,847

    Re: New to FORUM

    Welcome, I guess. So you're only here to gather information, but then sell on ebay to the highest bidder? No one works for free (or most smart people don't), so why don't you give first chance to some of the cameras to members here, that are feeding you all the information? I.E. sell some of them to us here, for a good price?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,190

    Re: New to FORUM

    Quote Originally Posted by goamules View Post
    Welcome, I guess. So you're only here to gather information, but then sell on ebay to the highest bidder? No one works for free (or most smart people don't), so why don't you give first chance to some of the cameras to members here, that are feeding you all the information? I.E. sell some of them to us here, for a good price?
    +1.

  9. #9
    Jac@stafford.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Winona, Minnesota
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: New to FORUM

    There are members here who have excellent galleries of information regarding early view cameras and lenses. Search and be happy. If the members themselves do not post the URLs, perhaps we can.

    In the meantime, get out your good metric and American steel rule so that you can post accurate dimensions. Even measuring things such as corner fasteners can help.

    (Your earlier picture is definitely not even close to a Deardorff, but learning is a cumulative thing.)

Similar Threads

  1. Hi LF forum
    By stradibarrius in forum Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 22-Feb-2011, 21:21
  2. New to Forum
    By northcarolinajack in forum Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-Jan-2011, 20:25
  3. The forum says it...
    By Richard Martel in forum Style & Technique
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 4-Aug-2007, 23:53

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •