Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Ball Head for Large Format?

Re: Ball Head for Large Format?

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    Nah, I have a tiny Sekonic incident meter, slightly larger than a credit card (see a recurring theme here?).
    Yeah, I'm the one with the bad back carrying the Pentax spotmeter and Ries J100 tripod with double tilt head. Stone is buying all those small Fuji lenses and I own a 19" Artar, 14" Commercial Ektar and Fujinon 250mm f/6.7 lens. Maybe I'm the dumb one!

Hey, at least the Fuji is kinda small.

Hey, at least the Fuji is kinda small.
    Yeah, I put it on the 4x5 Tachihara I had and I actually heard the camera scream.

Alan, you're on fire tonight! A little wine with dinner?

Ball Head for Large Format?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    Yeah, I'm the one with the bad back carrying the Pentax spotmeter and Ries J100 tripod with double tilt head. Stone is buying all those small Fuji lenses and I own a 19" Artar, 14" Commercial Ektar and Fujinon 250mm f/6.7 lens. Maybe I'm the dumb one!
    Haha! I have a good back and good eyes, when my eyes go I might need wider, heavier lenses, then I can work on ruining my back

The first time I hiked the Grand Canyon I took 85lbs and 35mm gear for 8 days, the second time I took 75lbs and 120 gear for 8 days. My next goal is to take 8x10 gear and 65lbs for about the same time.

Yes canon 35mm gear and lots of Kodachrome is a lot heavier than my Mamiya 7 and 120 fuji.

I may not take the hefty 150 SS XL but I'll probably take the 210,300,450 and if I find one, a 600.

With all the film holders and changing tent etc. and film itself, I'm going to need to save wait somehow, definitely looking at a ball head.

No wine. Just a few beers but no wine.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Haha! I have a good back and good eyes, when my eyes go I might need wider, heavier lenses, then I can work on ruining my back

The first time I hiked the Grand Canyon I took 85lbs and 35mm gear for 8 days, the second time I took 75lbs and 120 gear for 8 days. My next goal is to take 8x10 gear and 65lbs for about the same time.

Yes canon 35mm gear and lots of Kodachrome is a lot heavier than my Mamiya 7 and 120 fuji.

I may not take the hefty 150 SS XL but I'll probably take the 210,300,450 and if I find one, a 600.

With all the film holders and changing tent etc. and film itself, I'm going to need to save wait somehow, definitely looking at a ball head.
    Stone, I kid you but you are being smart. If you hurt your back it affects everything else. According to my surgeon my problem was the combination of working construction and having an unknown birth defect. I ended up with a back fusion. Take care of your back, buddy!

I will take care of my back, thanks, I used to do cable pulling on new construction buildings (cat5/fiber optics/500 pair cat3 which is telephone) that stuff, I threw my back out and had to go through physical therapy, I was 19....

I learned that going to the gym and strengthening my abbs and back muscles completely fixed everything, stuff they don't teach you like deadlifting is actually GOOD for you... When don't properly can significantly increase your back strength, yes women and men should be doing them.

End of back rant

I'm sorry, Ari, if I posted too much tonight. I've just been in a bored mood lately and I found what you were posting to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    I'm sorry, Ari, if I posted too much tonight. I've just been in a bored mood lately and I found what you were posting to be interesting.
    NO don't stop it's great!!