Thread: Canon Contacts

Canon Contacts

Does anyone know a real person at Canon USA with any influence or an honest ear for problems. These bogus 9950F scanners are p...ing me off.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Andy Eads
    Pasco, Washington - the dry side of the state

Canon Contacts

Kirk, I don't know of anyone who can help but I can suggest a strategy. A few years ago, Nikon sold a scanner and made some claims for it. I bought one for about $10K so I was expecting the claims to be true. I did a D-max test and the best it could do was 1.8; they claimed 3.0. I was on my third scanner and they were balking at refunding my money. That year I made the pilgrimage to the big PMA show in Vegas. Nikon was represented there with all their gear including the scanner. So I asked them to prove me wrong. The tech was very surley with me and was determined to prove me wrong. He scanned the step tablet neg and in front of several large distributors demonstrated for the world that their show scanner could only pull a 1.8 density range. Suddenly Nikon wanted to make me disappear and to make that happen, they immediately refunded my money. Ultimately, the problem with the scanner was a software glitch but they never corrected it. It seems I succeeded in causing the designers (who were present) to "loose face". So rather than fix the glitch they let an otherwise good product wither on the vine. I wound up with a Leaf 45 which served me well for several years. Maybe you could stage such a demonstration at some important event like PMA or the PPofA convention. Good luck! Andy