Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings from Southern Illinois

Re: Greetings from Southern Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Welcome,

I have lived in Carterville, Carbondale and Alto Pass. Wonderful area that most people don't know exists. Still have a few friends entrenched in the woods.

Sounds like you have plenty of experience to share.
    Randy: Thanks for the welcome...This is a wonderful, scenic area indeed......Shawnee National Forest being the perfect example. I used to volunteer my bloodhounds for police work, and a fellow handler was a Conservation Police Officer from this area.....Casey wasn't super social, so he and his wife built a home out in the middle of the woods. Plenty of photo opportunities down here, as you as you are certainly aware........Bob

I used to live in Cape Girardeau. My favorite photo spots were all in Southern IL. Giant City, the cliffs around La Rue Pine Hills etc.. all very good spots.

Welcome! There is a Large Format Photography in Chicago. Please PM me if you would like to join.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew blais View Post
    It was a great place then to grow up Bob...And I went to ISU for my degree.

Matthew: I went to ISU on a Illinois Military Scholarship, which meant that I only had to pay $46.50 a semester. Quite a bargain!....I also received $300 a month from the GI Bill, which went pretty far back in those days. I checked out SIU, but it was one of the top party schools in the country at the time. No way I would have made it through. The funny part was that I was a member of the ISU Veterans Club, and we had to meet in Bloomington since Normal was dry at that time. All those years they lost all that liquor revenue to Bloomington, which is no longer the case, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by diversey View Post
    Welcome! There is a Large Format Photography in Chicago. Please PM me if you would like to join.
    Thanks so much for the welcome. I will try to PM you soon about the Chicago group......Bob

Quote Originally Posted by domaz View Post
    I used to live in Cape Girardeau. My favorite photo spots were all in Southern IL. Giant City, the cliffs around La Rue Pine Hills etc.. all very good spots.

Amen to all you said about the photo opportunities.....the only camera store in Carbondale is closing, so I bought some sheet film in Cape at Camera West, I believe....they have a very limited supply, so I can see the time in the near future where I will be ordering from B&H or some place similar......Bob