Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ColorPerfect pricing

ColorPerfect pricing

So I am about to pay for the ColorPefect software and I notice is more than what's stated on their website. Apparently they add 19% VAT which makes it rather expensive.
    I asked and they say they don't manage that part but it seems correct...
    I am based in Spain, product is from the US. I've always thought you don't pay taxes when it is out of state. In fact, I have never been charged VAT on any of my many online purchases.

Any of you remember this when purchasing this plugin?

Re: ColorPerfect pricing

I live in Canada. I bought the plugin a few weeks ago and did not pay any extra taxes, although I was charged for the purchase in Euros. It looks like their order fulfillment service might be based out of Germany.

It just doesn't make any sense and it is pissing me off.
    Official price is EUR 58.73/USD 67.00

I am being charged $79.73 if (I use an american address)

Elena, they are EU represented company, if you talking about plugin , judging by German version of site. Hence the VAT

I'm just annoyed over the tiny dialog window on the PC version. The workaround appears to be 16 different sized versions of the plugin, but I believe they are all 32 bit. Drag, because it does a beautiful job inverting negs!

Quote Originally Posted by SergeiR View Post
    Elena, they are EU represented company, if you talking about plugin , judging by German version of site. Hence the VAT
    Still, shouldn't it be the same price for all?
    I've never bought software that had different price depending on the country. It is pretty bad marketing anyway.

I see different prices for US and Europe on a lot of software products - and not just the VAT difference. I've seen some companies that charge X dollars in the US and X Euros in the EU. Same number, just different currency symbol!

No business has any control over VAT. I used to do a lot of work for Japanese architectural magazines. Every check I got was missing some 20-25% (I don't remember which-it was some years ago). No amount of indignation or threats got me anywhere.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

The U.S. does not have a VAT. Most states have a "sales Tax" that is assessed on many shipments to a U.S. address that is in a sate that has a sales tax - it's quite complicated. I've forgotten the list of states that don't have sales tax [maybe 5, and California obviously isn't one of them] :-) but if your U.S. address isn't in one of these "5"states," you will pay the sales tax. It varies by state. What state is your U.S. address in?

@Kirk

Japan doesn't have a VAT. They have a "Consumption" Tax (aka Sales Tax) Up until this year it has been 5% for decades. It's going to 10% soon. It isn't applied to exports. I've been getting paid from Japan for 20 years and nothing is ever missing except a $15 US bank processing fee for the wire transfer.

Checks are VERY unusual in Japan. I remember once a friend had a business making high performance plug in boards for PC's. A lot of US research outfits wanted them, but the only way his bank would accept an inbound check was if it had the official company name on it. And official company names have to be written in characters. Guess how many US research institutions have Kanji check printers. Not many!!!

So I set up as his US agent and the customers paid me and I sent wire transfers to Japan.

I can't imagine where your 25% went.