Thread: DIY Wooden Studio Stand?

Re: DIY Wooden Studio Stand?

Quote Originally Posted by DrTang View Post
    Whelp.... now I need a stand

yes...that was me in a panic 6 months ago selling one

I didn't have the space then.,..I do now

and I want to use the new studio camera I picked up sans stand

so..until I find one..I need to 'make do'

one question to stand owners... what is the highest and lowest the camera platform can be adjusted to?

I figure there are decades of trial and error that went into the original ones..so no point re-inventing the wheel on stuff like this

owners: thank you in advance
    just read in B/S section that you bought one. Congrats!

I came across this old post looking for a way to put my Century 10a on a stand as well. I can't find one that anyone will ship so am looking at other options. What did you finally get for your camera?

Quote Originally Posted by juanprieto View Post
    I came across this old post looking for a way to put my Century 10a on a stand as well. I can't find one that anyone will ship so am looking at other options. What did you finally get for your camera?
    This subject has come up often enough that perhaps we can put our heads together to make up a kit. I have no room to take mine apart again to do all the measurements. I do not know where you live, but except for the cast iron base which can be done with a substitute, and one special part, mine can be made with current USA materials. The exceptional part is the lead screw to tilt the platform, however Peter J. De Smidt has made a replica - the first I have ever seen. See it in this post.

This has not been very helpful to you, but perhaps by some collaboration some of us can work it out. I'm wracking my brain to find work space!

EDIT: When a seller states that local pick-up is the only shipping option, it might help to ask them if they would permit a professional local packing & shipping service to do the job. That is what I have done and it always worked out, once with a Porsche engine, no less!

Here is something that has been built:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tripod-flash+4.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	138246

More ideas here: http://cdtp-photography.blogspot.com/

The DIY stand design is good but it does not have enough range. It looks like it only goes up about 14-16 inches. I as still looking for options. Right now camera is on a table with wheels. No up or down moment so I have to move the subject. I am looking at a scissor jack as a possibility.

just watch this on youtube and I start to relate to this topic that I started a while back.

another good idea