Thread: Schneider Componon — exploded view?

Schneider Componon — exploded view?

Hello,

Okay, I need some help I've been unable to secure anywhere else. I inherited a disassembled Schneider Durst Componon 300 I want to use on my Durst 5x7 enlarger. Unfortunately, I've been unable to locate any sort of exploded view which would allow me to reassemble the unit and make certain all the parts are present. My one concern, parts-wise, is the click-stop mechanism. I'm not sure all the little pieces are there, or if they are actually necessary. Does anyone have any information or suggestions on how I might secure parts lists or a schematic on this old lens? It's a nice piece of glass, but it's in parts and I'm not confident as to how I should proceed in its reassembly. I have the tiny screws that hold the aperture assembly together, as well as the pin that holds the diaphragm in place.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Componon.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	124043

Thanks, Scott

Re: Schneider Componon — exploded view?

I don't know if this will help but I found this picture of my 360mm Componon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF7148.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	124045

Re: Schneider Componon — exploded view?

I don't know if you'll have enough bellows in the 57 Durst to use a 300 mm lens. My SM-183 which has a 5x7 head doesn't really have enough bellows to use a 240 Rodagon unless I drop the table. The 210 Rodagon is the longest practical lens I can use, most of the time using the 180 Rodagon or 180 Apo. Regards, Luis