Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My new WIP Darkroom

Re: My new WIP Darkroom

Darkroom Update:

Getting closer to start printing.
    I'm waiting on all the water seals to dry and in the meantime, I'm starting to organize all the supplies and tools

Apologies for the low quality iphone photos, I will post better images over the weekend.
    Augusto Schillaci

www.d25studios.com

Some closeup pictures of the controller and the sink floor.
    I took the idea and recommendation for the sink floor from a fellow Darkroom printer : http://jbhphoto.com
    You can get them from here : http://www.dri-dek.com/

Augusto Schillaci

www.d25studios.com

This is such a beautiful setup! Hope to do this myself one day.

Now that's a beautiful home darkroom! I'm jealous it looks like a great set up

these pictures make me feel really dangerous... ventilation? who needs ventilation...

I'm an idiot

That's some nice craftsmanship. I'm especially impressed you were able to close off the windows like that in a reversible way.

The issue of makeup air comes up often in a high-end kitchen forum I occasionally haunt. They like big pseudo-commercial ranges with high CFM vent hoods to carry away the cooking odors/steam/grease. Heating or cooling the makeup air is the small concern. The bigger concern if you have a tight house is the potential for pulling negative air pressure in the rest of the house. Negative air pressure is obviously very bad for combustion heaters, water heaters, or fireplaces that expect to vent their exhaust gasses up a flue. The last thing you want to do is pull any combustion exhaust gasses into your house. The kitchen forum solutions range from, "I always open a window when I'm cooking" to servo-operated fresh air dampers connected to outside air ducts (and everything in between).

I don't want to suggest you have a problem with the exhaust ventilation. I don't know how many CFM it pulls and how tight the rest of your house is. It's just a consideration. It looks like you've thought everything out pretty well, so this may be well taken care of in your case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bates View Post
    That's some nice craftsmanship. I'm especially impressed you were able to close off the windows like that in a reversible way.

The issue of makeup air comes up often in a high-end kitchen forum I occasionally haunt. They like big pseudo-commercial ranges with high CFM vent hoods to carry away the cooking odors/steam/grease. Heating or cooling the makeup air is the small concern. The bigger concern if you have a tight house is the potential for pulling negative air pressure in the rest of the house. Negative air pressure is obviously very bad for combustion heaters, water heaters, or fireplaces that expect to vent their exhaust gasses up a flue. The last thing you want to do is pull any combustion exhaust gasses into your house. The kitchen forum solutions range from, "I always open a window when I'm cooking" to servo-operated fresh air dampers connected to outside air ducts (and everything in between).

I don't want to suggest you have a problem with the exhaust ventilation. I don't know how many CFM it pulls and how tight the rest of your house is. It's just a consideration. It looks like you've thought everything out pretty well, so this may be well taken care of in your case.

Mike,
    Very nice explanation and a very important issue that can not be over look. It does not matter to have a great ventilation system if it creates negative air pressure.
    I did consulted a professional that explained to me the same potential problem you wrote and helped me out to plan some solutions. One of them was installing a Darkroom louver to the outside , away from the exhaust .
    Augusto Schillaci

www.d25studios.com