Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Annual Southern California Large and Ultra-Large Format Photographers’ “Meet and

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

3rd Annual Southern California Large and Ultra-Large Format Photographers’ “Meet and

We are at it again! Tri Tran, Hugo Zhang and myself invite you!!

Fellow photographers, friends and guests, Join us on Sunday November 23, 2014.

This “Meet and Greet” is a wonderful opportunity for photographers to show case their work and exchange ideas on photography equipment and images. This is our third year and we have added a few new things. We have a total of 8 six-foot tables available of which four have been reserved already. The remaining four are available inside the club house. We have tables available outside as well. We can have four to six tables and an EZ-up cover outside. If you wish to rent a table the cost will be $30.00. This is a first come first served event. To reserve please contact me via private message or through my website www.tritranphotography.com

You are welcome to show and sell your work or equipment.

Set up time for those of you with tables is 10 AM sharp! Please be on time. There will be no set up after the meeting starts.

Time and Location:
    Sunday November 23, 2014
    11:00 –5:00 pm
    Green Valley Clubhouse
    17250 Los Jardines West, Fountain Valley, Ca 92708

Event details:

Chamonix Cameras will have a table and you can speak to Hugo if you are interested in any of Chamonix's products.

Jim Fitzgerald will have his 20 x 24 to 14 x 17 camera on display and will discuss camera building for those who may be interested.

Large and Ultra Large Format cameras plus a variety of soft focus lenses will be on display. Some may be for sale!

Traditional silver gelatin, platinum and carbon transfer prints, Ambrotypes and Tintypes will also be available for purchase.

A discussion of alternative printing techniques and the use of film and x-ray films will be part of the activities.

The program consists of the following:

• 11:00 – 11:30 pm – Introduction and welcome.
    • 11:30 – 4:00 pm -- Polaroid /Film/ Wetplate Collodion process shootout.
    • 11:00 _ 5:00 pm _ Prints exhibition by the Artists.

Photographers are welcome to show their portfolio to collectors who may wish to purchase their work or to share their work with other artists. For those who wish to shoot portraits, please bring your 8x10 film holders loaded with your favorite film as cameras will be available to use.

Light refreshments will be served.

This is always a fun and educational event. We have had a great turn out in the past for the event and we hope that we see some new faces along with old friends at this event.

Thanks

Re: 3rd Annual Southern California Large and Ultra-Large Format Photographers’ “Meet

Should be fun!

Tim
    www.ScottPhoto.co

Re: 3rd Annual Southern California Large and Ultra-Large Format Photographers’ “Meet

Will there be any Chamonix cameras for sale or is it just demo?

No cameras for sale at the meeting, but you can order your camera anytime. Just contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by axs810 View Post
    Will there be any Chamonix cameras for sale or is it just demo?
    The nice thing is that there will be Chamonix cameras to see and touch and play with so you can see the quality.

"For those who wish to shoot portraits, please bring your 8x10 film holders loaded with your favorite film as cameras will be available to use."

Will there be models there to photograph?

This sounds exciting! I'm going to try to go but I won't be for sure until 2 weeks before

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

If you are expecting professional models, then a certain quota of people attending must be met in order to fund them. Otherwise, there will be non-professional models at the event you can use.

Quote Originally Posted by axs810 View Post
    "For those who wish to shoot portraits, please bring your 8x10 film holders loaded with your favorite film as cameras will be available to use."

Will there be models there to photograph?

This sounds exciting! I'm going to try to go but I won't be for sure until 2 weeks before

for those with tables..it seems that selling would be from 10 to 11, and then after 4??

Quote Originally Posted by DrTang View Post
    for those with tables..it seems that selling would be from 10 to 11, and then after 4??
    One can sell the whole time. We are not strict about this. Easy going group and a lot if fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    One can sell the whole time. We are not strict about this. Easy going group and a lot if fun.
    it's very tempting..I have about 12 tripods to get rid of and about 12 lenses I could sell

then I could go visit my kid at her college

long drive though

sounds fun but long drive