Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anybody know where i can get a custom made bellows for my 8x10 century camera?

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Re: anybody know where i can get a custom made bellows for my 8x10 century camera?

Quote Originally Posted by DrTang View Post
    I had a bellows made by a Chinese company advertising bellows on ebay..I wrote to them and asked if they could make me a custom size and they wrote back with a reasonable quote
    I know that several people have used them with good results.

Re: anybody know where i can get a custom made bellows for my 8x10 century camera?

Lachlan 717

Perhaps get in touch with Filip Habart at habartf@gmail.com.

Filip does custom bellows, custom body pieces as well as complete cameras.

Excellent rates and a terrific guy. I'm going to use his bellows service for my DIY 7x17.
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

Quote Originally Posted by Tav Walraven View Post
    My 11x14 Deardorff wears a Camera Bellows bellows. The images appear sharper on the left side of the print..........weird.........

tw
    "Camera Bellows" is the old company that spawned "Custom Bellows" I catch myself using the old name by accident too, probably because I've been dealing with them since before the shut-down and rebirth. Product and experience still top shelf !
    Tracy Storer
    Mammoth Camera Company tm
    www.mammothcamera.com

Turner Bellows, Rochester, NY. http://www.turnerbellows.com/photographic_bellows.html

They made a new set of bellows for my 5x7 Speed Graphic a few years ago, and I was pleased with the quick turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by rjmeyer314 View Post
    Turner Bellows, Rochester, NY. http://www.turnerbellows.com/photographic_bellows.html

They made a new set of bellows for my 5x7 Speed Graphic a few years ago, and I was pleased with the quick turn around.
    I used Turner for 3 sets of 11x14 square bellows this year.

I like them very much. Price was competitive with anywhere in the world and they made them resemble the 1930's style I wanted. I" pleats and length to match my supplied sample.

They even copied the Deardorff mounting system, as I supplied 2 vintage frames and one copy frame I made. The early Studio Deardorff bellows are tacked into the frames with stringers. Meaning they mounted the new bellows to my frames, which made the install very easy.
    Tin Can