Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Smaller Fomat Nudes

Re: Smaller Fomat Nudes

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Quan View Post
    Yep, she is nude. This was during my more abstract phase. Her breast is in the lower right-ish corner of the image with a highlight on her nipple. I think few people like this series images because it is so difficult to discern what is happening, but I enjoy abstract stuff so I shoot for me. From my point of view the series was not entirely successful but I'm still glad I shot it.
    Yes it was shot digitally, we actually shot a lot of images on this day. I think the grunge and grime you might be seeing is water in the air, and dry paint on her skin. I was triggering the shutter with an electronic cable release while I was kneeling down in front of the camera spraying water in the air with a spray bottle.
    Cool, I think it's an excellent image honestly. I don't know the rest of the series but I really like it.

Some of the posts I removed were well enough stated, but quoted posts that were not. I don't have time to edit, and its against our policy anyway. I'm sure I could have removed more, but going back and sifting through them is also more than I have time for.

If you want to have a non-political discussion about how photographers treat nudes, please start it as its own thread, preferably in the Lounge, or in On Photography if it doesn't specify small formats.

But it has been done before.

There is a continuum between the innocently artistic and the plainly lewd, and everyone will draw a different boundary between the two. So far, the images speak for themselves. Photographers should allow the images to do so. We can agree that we will be respectful towards models photographed for this thread, which means we will discuss the photography, and not the model's attributes, characteristics, and activities outside the photograph. We've ventured over that line in the past, and we've removed posts in the past.

The posts I left made my further points, but I may remove some of those later, too. Peter's point is particularly relevant: It's not what you do, it's how you say it on this forum that is the issue here.

Now, back to photographs.

Rick "Yes, this is a moderated forum" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    Some of the posts I removed were well enough stated, but quoted posts that were not. I don't have time to edit, and its against our policy anyway. I'm sure I could have removed more, but going back and sifting through them is also more than I have time for.

If you want to have a non-political discussion about how photographers treat nudes, please start it as its own thread, preferably in the Lounge, or in On Photography if it doesn't specify small formats.

But it has been done before.

There is a continuum between the innocently artistic and the plainly lewd, and everyone will draw a different boundary between the two. So far, the images speak for themselves. Photographers should allow the images to do so. We can agree that we will be respectful towards models photographed for this thread, which means we will discuss the photography, and not the model's attributes, characteristics, and activities outside the photograph. We've ventured over that line in the past, and we've removed posts in the past.

The posts I left made my further points, but I may remove some of those later, too. Peter's point is particularly relevant: It's not what you do, it's how you say it on this forum that is the issue here.

Now, back to photographs.

Rick "Yes, this is a moderated forum" Denney
    +1.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    First time I've ever tried selective color, I find it gimmicky but I had a lot of trouble getting good shots with this model (I blame my own inability to find the right style for her, and not her inability to model) so I wanted to try something new. I still find it gimmicky but it's interesting anyway. This is digital. I chose this image to share as I found it poignant.

Attachment 128117
    I don't find it gimmicky. I remember when I first became aware of it in the nineties it seemed like it was a pretty cool way to drive the point home. Steven Spielberg used it in Schindler's List very effectively and M night Shyamalan used it effectively in the sixth sense. I think its just like any other tool it depends on how it's used. I do like that you included the plant in the color portion, I think that is needed to balance the pink panties. And honestly I would encourage you to explore a few more images with it because if it makes us uncomfortable to use then using it to proficiency is like mastering the beast. :-)

Dang! That's almost deep!
    “Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile!”
    ― Robert Doisneau”

This message has been deleted by rdenney.
    Reason
    Rude and responses thereto.

I may have found a new signature...

I guess not...
    Last edited by Dan Quan; 15-Jan-2015 at 16:06.
    “Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile!”
    ― Robert Doisneau”

"Gagged"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nathalia172b.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	128220

Two digital captures from the only "nude" photo "meet up" I've attended. Lots and lots of photoshop.

One of the un-edited images:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC7424Unedited.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	171.0 KB 
ID:	128231

Reclaimed Fuji FP-100c negative (3x4, so I think it goes here instead of the LF nudes), converted to B&W and toned:

Mary Celeste

Taken on a Graflex RB Super D, shown by Mary below:

Since I started a thread on reclaiming Polaroid 809 negatives, I figured I'd post one of the Fuji FP-100c negatives I've reclaimed. I've seen videos where people seem to be able to create lovely color positives from Fuji instant negatives, but I've not been able to get the color that consistent (still can do a pretty decent monochrome though). I'm not sure if the color issue is that I'm not reclaiming the negatives immediately? Not that I'm going to stop a studio session to do it, though. . .

Cheers!
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill L. View Post
    Reclaimed Fuji FP-100c negative (3x4, so I think it goes here instead of the LF nudes), converted to B&W and toned:

Mary Celeste

Taken on a Graflex RB Super D, shown by Mary below:

Since I started a thread on reclaiming Polaroid 809 negatives, I figured I'd post one of the Fuji FP-100c negatives I've reclaimed. I've seen videos where people seem to be able to create lovely color positives from Fuji instant negatives, but I've not been able to get the color that consistent (still can do a pretty decent monochrome though). I'm not sure if the color issue is that I'm not reclaiming the negatives immediately? Not that I'm going to stop a studio session to do it, though. . .

Cheers!
    Bill
    Wash more gently when removing the chemistry and remove the chemistry before crystallization happens. That always helps me.

Very nice, Bill. I think the scratches enhance.