Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello All

Hello All

I'm David.....

Recently a Burke & James Orbit in extremely good condition and ton of other goodies (too much to mention) came into my hands by way of helping clean out a photo studio that had been abandoned for many years.
    I'm not new to photography, been shooting digital for the past 10 years but 2 years ago I bought a friends Pentax 6x7 mainly because it was a cool looking camera but once I put a few rolls through it I was hooked by Medium Format and since then I hardly touch my 5DMKII.

Call it luck that day helping clean out that studio but I was able to get everything I needed minus a lens but have since bought a Rodenstock Sironar N 210mm f5.6 - I hope I made a good choice?
    The lens that was on the 4x5 was pretty bad with a lot of fungus from sitting for what I was told the studio had been abandoned for 10 years and the new owner of the building just wanted everything gone.

In the meantime, I've had the chance to lurk around here for a while and am happy to find a wealth of knowledge shared by the members.
    I look forward to learning more and sharing some of my images soon.

.... As happy as I am with my 6x7, I cant wait to try out my 4x5!

Re: Hello All

Welcome! LFPF is the best and you will learn a lot by reading posts. where are you located? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by diversey View Post
    Welcome! LFPF is the best and you will learn a lot by reading posts. where are you located? Thanks.
    Thanks for the welcome

Oddly enough, right now the same place as you (I'm in Andersonville) for the moment but I live in Daytona Beach, Florida and will be back heading home by the end of the year.

Welcome to the forum! The Rodenstock Sironar N 210mm f/5.6 lens is an excellent lens. You did real good!

I use my Nikkor 210 on 4x5 and 8x10 often. Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by zero megapixel View Post
    Thanks for the welcome

Oddly enough, right now the same place as you (I'm in Andersonville) for the moment but I live in Daytona Beach, Florida and will be back heading home by the end of the year.
    Ok, hope we will have a Chicago LFP club and then you can join us. Best wishes! David

Welcome to the forum. Careful, though, its a slippery slope, and you look susceptible...

(Shrek)

Quote Originally Posted by zero megapixel View Post
    I'm David.....

Recently a Burke & James Orbit in extremely good condition and ton of other goodies (too much to mention) came into my hands by way of helping clean out a photo studio that had been abandoned for many years.
    I'm not new to photography, been shooting digital for the past 10 years but 2 years ago I bought a friends Pentax 6x7 mainly because it was a cool looking camera but once I put a few rolls through it I was hooked by Medium Format and since then I hardly touch my 5DMKII.

Call it luck that day helping clean out that studio but I was able to get everything I needed minus a lens but have since bought a Rodenstock Sironar N 210mm f5.6 - I hope I made a good choice?
    The lens that was on the 4x5 was pretty bad with a lot of fungus from sitting for what I was told the studio had been abandoned for 10 years and the new owner of the building just wanted everything gone.

In the meantime, I've had the chance to lurk around here for a while and am happy to find a wealth of knowledge shared by the members.
    I look forward to learning more and sharing some of my images soon.

.... As happy as I am with my 6x7, I cant wait to try out my 4x5!
    Welcome to the forum! What was the lens that was full of fungus? It might still have some value, either as a shooter or for parts (the shutter?). Very little needs to be thrown away, when it comes to large format photography.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    Welcome to the forum! The Rodenstock Sironar N 210mm f/5.6 lens is an excellent lens. You did real good!
    Good to hear, thanks....
    I bought from Japan on eBay, looks virtually new.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    I use my Nikkor 210 on 4x5 and 8x10 often. Welcome!

Thanks Andrew.