Thread: Old Agfa Film Developers and Misc Formulas

Landscape/Still Life

Old Agfa Film Developers and Misc Formulas

I have found a book dealing with Agfa Old Film Developing Formulas and Misc. formulas for agfa the formulas are 65 yrs old to say the least..... I figured i would share with anyone who is interested in these old formulas.... some are fixers and so on i am in the process of typing them out into a word format so if anyone is truly interested email me or just leave a message on this board and i will send an email with it attached in word format there are approximately 15 different formulas.... Hope some are interested....

I also will have others really soon and will post a response to add to the other formulas adding some old ansco formulas also.... anyone wants a copy please email me and i will send a copy as soon as I can...... Hope everyone has a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving

Jim Ewins

The formulary has been dealing with old formulas for years, I'd guess that Bud would be interested. Jim

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Are there interesting formulas there that can't be found on jackspcs.com or other resources?
    I'm curious, because I have pages of old agfa formulas that seem to be identical (or similar with minute variations) to all the other formulas out there. For example "GAF 130" is the same as Ansco 130.
    I used to horde stacks of pages of old formulas until it started to seem like there were fewer than a hundred distinct formulas out there, not counting the dozens of minor variations and the hundreds and hundreds of different names. If you edit out the obscure ones (Odorless Self-Fixing Tropical Developer for X-Ray Plates, etc.) and just look at ones you might actually use, the number is far less.
    They're still fun to look at, though ... nice to have for reference in your laboratory (but only if you pronounce it "laBORatory").