Thread: Where to find a 5Wisner 5x7 reducing back

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Where to find a 5Wisner 5x7 reducing back

Can anyone tell me where I might find a 5x7 reducing back for my 8x10 Wisner? I have waited over a year with no back in sight. The order was placed directly with Ron. He must be to busy to make my back. I did check E-Bay with no luck. I need this back for a shoot next month. I thought that a year would be plenty of time to get the back. Obviously I was mistaken so now I will attempt to get a used one. Thanks for any and all help.

Bruce,

Welcome to the club. A number of years ago I waited about the same length of time. All the usual phone calls and promises but no delivery. I finally sold the camera and replaced it with a Phillips Compact II. Oh yeah, the back was finally ready for the guy who bought my camera .... six months after I sold it to him. Total elapsed time, 17 months.

Bruce,

Since you talk to Gina, my secretary, often, surely you are aware that the back is sitting here waiting for you. Since you and I have talked personally several times in the last couple of weeks about other things, I assumed there was some reason you and she had discussed for not shipping it. Call her!

Octogenarian

It's true!, it's true! The squeeky wheel does get the grease!

It's probably more like a cockroach. When you shine a light on it, it scampers like greased lightening. Glad you were finally able to get your reducing back, Bruce. Interesting to see that Ron is paying attention to this forum.

What part of "let her send it" isn't clear?

Dan,

While I have always been cordial to you, you seem to be one of those flaming forum types who enjoys the sound of his own tirades and who give these forums a bad name. You have been mentioned by name in this context many times. Bruce has contacted me about his back and apologized for the confusion about the back (which he had not paid for). The rest is between him and me.

Best regards,

Ron Wisner

And I, for one, am glad to see Ron in here.

*4x5 Tech, #1202*

To all...Ron has contacted me and I will be getting the back. My intent was not to inflame any hard feelings toward Ron. Only to find an alternate source for the back. While there were some misunderstandings between Ron and me, the back will now be shipped. The back was to originally ship last spring with my 8x20 conversion back and it did not. The back was then cancelled and re-ordered. That is where the confusion came in. For reasons unknown the back was not placed on order again. Maybe there was some confusion and I was not clear.

The back did get reordered in September. Again I was told that the two reducing backs that were built in the past three months were for others. The current reducing back was originally for another I beleive. Ron will make good on the back. I now will be contacting Ron with a credit card number and my back will ship.