Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rubber stamp for "digital versus analog" threads ?

Re: Rubber stamp for "digital versus analog" threads ?

I agree the threads are tedious, and seem to never end. The reason I find myself in them sometimes is that they are often used to prop up misinformation. These forums have proven a valuable educational platform, many people come for help with purchasing decisions etc., sincerely seeking knowledge from people who may have worked through the same issues. Hopefully some small viable piece of advice can occasionally find it's way through all the manifestos.

Bookmarked.
    We could start a few more of these to counter each of those :-P

Ken, is there some way to add a variety of these (for instance) to the smilies?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Bodine View Post
    Ken, is there some way to add a variety of these (for instance) to the smilies?
    I don't know. I presume they're part of the forum software. I wouldn't hold your breath

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Boley View Post
    I agree the threads are tedious, and seem to never end. The reason I find myself in them sometimes is that they are often used to prop up misinformation. These forums have proven a valuable educational platform, many people come for help with purchasing decisions etc., sincerely seeking knowledge from people who may have worked through the same issues. Hopefully some small viable piece of advice can occasionally find it's way through all the manifestos.
    While some threads serve to support personal opinions more than educate I find that on the such discussions are not always boring, and that there is nearly always some benefit when the thread is considered on its whole. As Tyler suggests, good "advice can occasionally find it way through the manifestos." Same goes for similar discussions like PC versus MAC. There are nearly always valid reasons why one system might work better for a specific individual and to suggest that nothing can be gained from discussing the pros and cons rather misses the point of why people participate in discussion forums.

We can all contribute in a more positive way by sharing our experience and knowledge rather than negatively reacting to the opinions of others.

Sandy
    Last edited by sanking; 23-Aug-2014 at 09:55.
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon