Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Photobackpacker is Retiring

Arlington VA for real & West Milford NJ in my heart and head

Re: Photobackpacker is Retiring

Quote Originally Posted by Racer X 69 View Post
    We should all have this "problem"!

Well, a year ago last July I was diagnosed with diabetes. One year later I'm 37 lbs. lighter and borderline pre-diabetic. If I keep up the same rate of progression by November my doctor figures a blood test would classify me as non-diabetic.

July 2013 BG: 300 fasting, 250 avg. A1c. 11
    July 2014 BG: 115 fasting, 90 avg. A1c. 6. (5 - 5.5 is considered normal)

My secret formula is the balanced 12" food plate and walking one hour a day. Two 15 minute walks during the day and one half hour walk in the evening.

It feels good to eat right, have energy and see my toes whe I look down.
    Bob

There's mosquitoes on the river, fish are rising up like birds. It's been hot for seven weeks now, too hot to even speak now, did you hear what I just heard?

My P3 reach the local customs office. There goes the discount....
    Website of sorts, as well as flickr thing.

Dave Karp

Hey Bruce,

I have been playing around with my P3, cases, etc. I loaded it up with more than I usually carry, and then a little more. I can't believe how light it feels once it is on and all the straps are adjusted. You have one really happy customer here!

Bruce its sad to see you go Time to grab some more cases, while we have chance then..

Quote Originally Posted by David Karp View Post
    Hey Bruce,

I have been playing around with my P3, cases, etc. I loaded it up with more than I usually carry, and then a little more. I can't believe how light it feels once it is on and all the straps are adjusted. You have one really happy customer here!
    Glad to hear it, Dave. If there was a way to let every backpacking photographer experience what true carry efficiency feels like............
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Photobackpacker View Post
    Glad to hear it, Dave. If there was a way to let every backpacking photographer experience what true carry efficiency feels like............
    There is!!! Sell the company and lease the patent rights! Then your legacy will continue and you'll have a nice trickle income and have to do no work to get it!

Dave Karp

Quote Originally Posted by Photobackpacker View Post
    I might have said this before, but you said that it would feel like someone was holding up my gear and taking some of the weight off of me and you were not kidding!

Tonight I loaded up my P3 which arrived Friday. A much better carry than my Osprey Sojourner. The P3 is shy a couple of wheels, though! Overall, the P3 is a huge improvement in comfort.
    Peter Collins

On the intent of the First Amendment: The press was to serve the governed, not the governors --Opinion, Hugo Black, Judge, Supreme Court, 1971 re the "Pentagon Papers."

Received my 8x10 cascading holder today!!

Question for everyone, I normally store all my holders in plastic bags to prevent dust. Do you think it's necessary with these holders?

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Received my 8x10 cascading holder today!!

Question for everyone, I normally store all my holders in plastic bags to prevent dust. Do you think it's necessary with these holders?
    I think so, I figure no matter what, the porous nature of fabric traps dust...

I use these anti-static bags, they fit & hold up better than standard ziplocs. They come in packs of 100 so you are truly set up for awhile.