This is mostly an observation, not a question.....

Bellows drooping into the light path seem to be a common problem. Recently I bought an Agfa-Ansco 5x7 and it came with the original lens setup. I noticed a couple of thing about the camera, prompted by the novel setup. First, the camera is designed so that with the front dropped all the way for closing the camera the top of the bellows is almost level, and the bottom rises to meet the front. This means, basically, that the front standard has no fall, only rise.

The second thing was that the lens was mounted below center on the board, both below the middle of the board, and below the middle of the film. The result of this was a de facto drop, and the need to jack the front up about 1/2" or a bit more to center the lens.

I was wondering the why of both of these things, the upward tilt of the bellows and the drop of the lens on the board, and I realized a couple of things. First, it gave fall to a camera that had none, but more importantly, it positioned the bellows so that even if it drooped it wouldn't get in the way.

I thought this was pretty clever, really. Yesterday I took delivery on an A-A 8x10, which has the same rising bellows to the front situation, and mounted the lens the same way, perhaps a bit lower, even, since the board on this camera is huge and the camera is mainly for studio use.