Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The elusive Linhof Technika electronic rangefinder?

Re: The elusive Linhof Technika electronic rangefinder?

"All that we sold were recalled and returned to Linhof except for one that the owner decided to keep."

So, is this that specific one, I wonder? would make it pretty unique as a collectors item (one of a kind) if nothing else. Give them (Linhof) credit for trying, at least. It's a pretty cool concept, unfortunate that it didn't work out as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    "All that we sold were recalled and returned to Linhof except for one that the owner decided to keep."

So, is this that specific one, I wonder?...
    That's possible, of course, and Bob might have some way of knowing, but he might not either. The "we" in Bob's post most likely referred to HP Marketing. The seller is in Tokyo. The offered equipment could be what Bob's customer kept which was later sold and found its way to Japan or it could have been purchased from another Linhof distributor in Japan or elsewhere.

With just over 10 hours left of the auction, the seller has lowered their Buy It Now price and also received two offers, one of which was rejected and the other is currently pending. Oh, and my questions remain ignored and unanswered, both privately and in the listing. Perhaps the seller is a reader of this forum and saw my post #10.

I would consider the camera as a collectible, but not being able to use it due to required obsolete computer hardware and possibly nonexistent software makes it tragically incomplete and useless.

Not useless at all. It appears to be as good as any MT2000 in good working order, just with a strange appendage that might not be entirely functional. Presumably the groundglass still works, plus you've got a rangefinder that works for two or maybe three lenses (presuming they were programmed as part of the original kit) as long as you're not shooting picket fences.

Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post

So, is this that specific one, I wonder? would make it pretty unique as a collectors item (one of a kind) if nothing else. Give them (Linhof) credit for trying, at least. It's a pretty cool concept, unfortunate that it didn't work out as planned.
    The one that we sold that was kept was to a woman in Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    I would consider the camera as a collectible, but not being able to use it due to required obsolete computer hardware and possibly nonexistent software makes it tragically incomplete and useless.
    The camera is very usable, that EMS system comes right off and then you have a Technika 2000.

Well, it closed without a sale, my questions unanswered to the end and the second Buy It Now offer expired. The seller has relisted:

I probably won't bother asking those questions again. Or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    That second listing also ended without a sale. Before it concluded, the seller dropped their Buy It Now price to little more than half what was initially asked in the previous listing and received two (declined) offers. There's no re-listing this time.

Richard Johnson

Thank goodness you're policing this so some poor Chinese collector doesn't get ripped off!

The elusive Linhof Technika electronic rangefinder?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Johnson View Post
    Thank goodness you're policing this so some poor Chinese collector doesn't get ripped off!
    That is funny. Thanks. A poor stupid Chinese bidder. That will be the day. I know you are joshing.

My best Chinese buyers work though USA brokers. When they do not bite then the item is pretty much doomed from hyper pricing.