Thread: Arca screen

Arca screen

I am new to LF and have just got a 5x4 arca swiss, Type B I think. the screen has a crack in it and although I can use the camera I would like to replace te screen.When I spoke to Robert Whites the guy was very vague and said maybe they could get one! anyone know another direction I could try? Spacers too in case I loose the ones in there?
    Thanks

Arca screen

Satin Snow can make you a screen to fit the camera at a very reasonable price.
    http://www.satinsnowglass.com/

I had one made for my Cambo SC and it is brighter than the manufacture's glass.
    You will have to draw you own grids. They will provide you with templates, if you ask.

Arca screen

The model B has been obsolete for some years ( I have one too - nice and light for a monorail) so it's hardly surprising RW was not sure if they could get a spare. If it is available from Arca, they can get it - if not, they can't...

Have a search here for making your own screen from sheet glass + grinding paste etc if you are in a hurry. The Satin Snow glass has a great reputation but, as each one is hand made to order and they have become very popular, there is a couple of weeks wait (but well worth it from all that I have read). Alternately, if you post the exact size of the screen, someone may know another g.g. that will fit that is more readily available (I know the Cambo screen does NOT really fit my Arca 'B' - it is a squeeze-fit (to the extent that you can squeeze glass!...) on the 4" side, but I would not be happy to leave it there as any decent jar to the holder will probably break the glass as there is no 'play'.

P.S. - DONT loose any spacers! (mine does not have any, but there were several models over the years I believe, so your's may well have). You will have to re-align the screen to the correct plane of focus if you do.

Have fun! Cheers, Bob.