Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hybrid Canoe Pack for 8x10

Re: Hybrid Canoe Pack for 8x10

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    I'm with Vaughn on packs. He showed me his and now I have three MEI packs. I pack my 8x10, 11x14 and 8x20 in these. I had to get a Canoe pack for my 14x17. Search MEI packs on evil bay. They generally sell cheap. Not a lot of fluff in them but the suspension is great as are the zippers. You can customize to fit your needs.
    What MEI pack do you recommend?

I have 2 CCS portage packs, a knapsack, 2 Leans, a barrel pack, a food pack, and a tarp. They are made in Minnesota and Dan Cooke runs a great small business. Their construction is second to none. You should consider contacting him with the dimensions you want. They do make custom packs. You might want a variant of a food pack which has foam in it.

I just had a tree branch fall through my tarp so I sent it in to CCS with an email to follow. They repaired it within a week for almost nothing. Excellent customer service.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dodphotography View Post
    What MEI pack do you recommend?
    The one that Vaughn has. I'm not sure what they are called. I have one that has the side pockets and a day pack that is on the back. I think I spent maybe 100 bucks some time ago. May have gotten it off of ebay can't remember.

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Lowepro Pro Trekker 600 AW. Here's a Toyo-Field MII (15" wide and 15 lbs) packed into it:

There's plenty of room to accommodate your gear and Up to 5 8x10 holders will slide into the front pouch:

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2812/...58632693_z.jpg

As you can see, the pack is well padded for protection but that comes at a cost: 8.4 lbs empty so you wouldn't want to use this pack for overnight/multiple day backpacks but I find it's fine for day hikes as long as I keep the gear to a reasonable level. There's three places to attach a tripod and has its own rain jacket. $300 new.

Thomas