Thread: Simple PS/ lightroom help required?

Simple PS/ lightroom help required?

I currently use Lightroom for most of my digital ouput and for LF have been using a workflow of scanned TIFFs which seems to work fine for both my toning and printing requirements- so far!!

I am working on a current project using both Polaroid 55 [still have some!] and Porta 400 as both diptychs and triptychs to give ab overall 8X5 or 12X5 negativ size.

So I have each of my 4x5 scans- now I wan to join them together in 2s and 3s in one master file and work on them together for consistency- and then print out from the one file.............

I think I can do this in Lightroom Print module - but can't find anything to help much............another photographer has suggested its a job for photoshop.
    I was never a big PS/bridge fan- in fact had Lightroom not appeared may not have persevered with digital at all!!

I do however still have a copy of PS CS2 installed on my desktop so can go there if needed.

I'm sure this is a simple process and equally sure one of our fabbo LFF experts can give me a quick answer.

PLEASE???

Huge thanks in advance................
    Clive
    www.clive-evans.com
    West Cork-Ireland, Antibes-France

2 Bit Hack

Re: Simple PS/ lightroom help required?

Does Lightroom use layers? I have Elements 10 that came with the scanner. It allows for editing in layers which would work.
    Regards

Marty

What I would do in PS would be to create a new image file in the final size and resolution (e.g. a new 8"x5" image at 360dpi), and then paste each scanned image (which must be at the same 360dpi resolution) into the new empty image file and just line 'em up, side by side. Each image will add a layer to the new image file, so after final alignment, I would flatten the final file. I don't know if LR can do the same thing or not...

Quote Originally Posted by djdister View Post
    What I would do in PS would be to create a new image file in the final size and resolution (e.g. a new 8"x5" image at 360dpi), and then paste each scanned image (which must be at the same 360dpi resolution) into the new empty image file and just line 'em up, side by side. Each image will add a layer to the new image file, so after final alignment, I would flatten the final file. I don't know if LR can do the same thing or not...
    Bingo.
    Make sure all your images are of equal resolution, open a new image file, and drop each photo into the new file.
    Line them up, flatten it, and print.

I use LR and PS, each has their strengths; this is definitely a job for PS.

On the Lightroom print module you can gang images and print them out together. But you would have to work on them one by one before going to print. In my Print module the last default template is in fact called triptych. When I bring that up and click on 3 images to print with that template, it arranges them by default in a column - I suspect you want a row. You can go over to layout and then change the rows from 3 to 1 and the columns from 1 to 3, and resize the cells and cell spacing to suit.

Hope this helps get you going

Bob

Thanks guys- I think I can hack this now using your excellent suggestions!
    Clive
    www.clive-evans.com
    West Cork-Ireland, Antibes-France