Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Polaroid back for 4x5?

Arlington VA for real & West Milford NJ in my heart and head

Re: Which Polaroid back for 4x5?

Quote Originally Posted by 4x5fan View Post
    Laying around? Wow you must have quite a few cameras to have forgotten
    Looks like I'll be going with the Fuji then, as it fits and I won't have any trouble with it. Thank you so much!
    Only four LF's but about 60 35's and MF's of various types.

We had a small family reunion at my Mom's night before last. I brought the Super Speed and four packs of Fuji FP-100c. I set up and took photos of various combos of relatives and friends. Passed out the snaps as souvenirs. Everyone was amazed at the camera and had a ball posing. It was a blast. And the photos were mostly in focus. Those that weren't...operator error/hard cider.

I watched the video Randy posted. That is not a GV II. both the Polaroid and the Fuji holders fit smoothly, easily and snugly in the GV IIback.
    Bob

There's mosquitoes on the river, fish are rising up like birds. It's been hot for seven weeks now, too hot to even speak now, did you hear what I just heard?

No, not exactly the same, but in the video the camera back is the same, and the camera WILL shake and wiggle inserting a 405. I found it impossible to maintain focus with my red bellows, triangular rail GV2.

I cannot speak for the Fuji holder.

I also enjoy shooting parties with the still available FP 3000B, but use a Mamiya RB, as a SLR is so much easier to focus, despite the RB being heavier than a GV2. The 3000 ISO film can be shot in available party light.

You are correct that people love a party with Fujiroid and I am always amazed how many 30 year olds claim to have never seen a Polaroid. I usually ask and get $5 per image at a party. Why give it away...

Quote Originally Posted by csxcnj View Post
    Only four LF's but about 60 35's and MF's of various types.

We had a small family reunion at my Mom's night before last. I brought the Super Speed and four packs of Fuji FP-100c. I set up and took photos of various combos of relatives and friends. Passed out the snaps as souvenirs. Everyone was amazed at the camera and had a ball posing. It was a blast. And the photos were mostly in focus. Those that weren't...operator error/hard cider.

I watched the video Randy posted. That is not a GV II. both the Polaroid and the Fuji holders fit smoothly, easily and snugly in the GV IIback.

Arlington VA for real & West Milford NJ in my heart and head

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    No, not exactly the same, but in the video the camera back is the same, and the camera WILL shake and wiggle inserting a 405. I found it impossible to maintain focus with my red bellows, triangular rail GV2.

I cannot speak for the Fuji holder.

I also enjoy shooting parties with the still available FP 3000B, but use a Mamiya RB, as a SLR is so much easier to focus, despite the RB being heavier than a GV2. The 3000 ISO film can be shot in available party light.

You are correct that people love a party with Fujiroid and I am always amazed how many 30 year olds claim to have never seen a Polaroid. I usually ask and get $5 per image at a party. Why give it away...
    I find the Fuji to be a little smoother when mounting. I'm lucky with my GVII also, it has tight standard adjustments and rail locks.

I don't think charging family, some of whom I hadn't seen in years, $5 a pop for a snap would have gone over too well even if I'd thought to try.
    Bob

There's mosquitoes on the river, fish are rising up like birds. It's been hot for seven weeks now, too hot to even speak now, did you hear what I just heard?

Of course, I would not charge family $5. They would be charged $10.

Quote Originally Posted by csxcnj View Post
    I find the Fuji to be a little smoother when mounting. I'm lucky with my GVII also, it has tight standard adjustments and rail locks.

I don't think charging family, some of whom I hadn't seen in years, $5 a pop for a snap would have gone over too well even if I'd thought to try.

Depends on the relative I guess? haha
    "Well you didn't give me the Christmas present I wanted so cough up 5 bucks."
    That's pretty neat though, basically making back the money you spent on the film and plus some.
    And yeah I think I'm definitely going to go with the Fuji!

THe people I charge are usually unknown drunks at a party. If they pay $5 they might even keep the image.

20 years ago Chicago had an old guy with a nice Polaroid setup, who hit all the Punk rock clubs and charged $10 per shot of mostly couples. He was making money and usually sold at least 20 per bar on busy nights.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x5fan View Post
    Depends on the relative I guess? haha
    "Well you didn't give me the Christmas present I wanted so cough up 5 bucks."
    That's pretty neat though, basically making back the money you spent on the film and plus some.
    And yeah I think I'm definitely going to go with the Fuji!