Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally Got a Field Camera!

Re: Finally Got a Field Camera!

That is a massive lens for a light camera... But nice! Wish I had access to "the high country"

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    That is a massive lens for a light camera... But nice! Wish I had access to "the high country"
    Yeah, it packs all right though.

I have a Fujinon W 125mm F5.6 coming soon. I think that will be able to stay attached to the camera while folded.

As for having access to the high country, yeah, it is pretty hard to beat. I live 30 minutes from where those photos were taken, I really wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Well it took a while to work out, but here is the first shot from my new camera. This was shot on Foma 200 using a #25 red gel, exposed at 160 using the zone system. It was developed in Rodinal at 50:1 for 8 minutes.

Please ignore the streaking in the sky, that is an artifact of digitizing and stitching the image (I really need to pick up a negative scanner).

It was near noon with the sun overhead and not nearly as clear as normal, a decent amount of haze was in the air. Not a very good time to get the best out of photos, but it was still fun.

The other photos will have to wait until tomorrow. Now that I have a process worked out to digitize, they should be much faster to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado CJ View Post
    Well it took a while to work out, but here is the first shot from my new camera. This was shot on Foma 200 using a #25 red gel, exposed at 160 using the zone system. It was developed in Rodinal at 50:1 for 8 minutes.

Please ignore the streaking in the sky, that is an artifact of digitizing and stitching the image (I really need to pick up a negative scanner).

It was near noon with the sun overhead and not nearly as clear as normal, a decent amount of haze was in the air. Not a very good time to get the best out of photos, but it was still fun.

The other photos will have to wait until tomorrow. Now that I have a process worked out to digitize, they should be much faster to finish.

Congrats!

Retired

Colorado,
    From North Carolina Jack, all seems good in your state. My first wood field camera was a Zone V. The 125mm lens choice is good as well, wide is good when in the big outdoors!

Jack

Thanks guys.

Jack, yeah, I can see me using this camera for a long time to come. It is the perfect "small" size large format camera for taking on my bike. Fits right in my backpack or in a saddle bag and travels extremely well. I can't wait to take it on all my road trips through these mountains and the desert southwest.

Here is the second photo I took on Sunday with the new camera.

I am finding better ways to digitize. This one shows no artifacts in the sky from stitching (I have to stitch 9 images together, making for a roughly 150 megapixel image).

It was still high noon though, so the photo doesn't have the character it would have if shot in the morning or evening.

Mummy Mountain is in the distance.